10 years ago

northstandmark

UTC Legend
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...ave-a-song-and-a-twitter-page-named-after-me/

One of the most important goals in the club's history. that's no exaggeration? Mark Molesley with that stoppage time winner at Dagenham and Redbridge. Hoofed forward by the out-of-retirement Tindall, Molesley brings it forward, cuts inside, and wacks it into the far bottom corner! Cue jubilation on the terrace behind the goal.

During the course of that night with other results, at one point we were something like 10 points adrift in the relegation zone. Then Grimsby (?) threw a couple of goals away, Molesley scored that, and suddenly we were back in touch with the pack again. It was the night that for me, our survival prospects turned from mere hope to actual belief that we were going to do it.

With everything that's happened since, this moment was a foundation stone for it all.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...ave-a-song-and-a-twitter-page-named-after-me/

One of the most important goals in the club's history. that's no exaggeration? Mark Molesley with that stoppage time winner at Dagenham and Redbridge. Hoofed forward by the out-of-retirement Tindall, Molesley brings it forward, cuts inside, and wacks it into the far bottom corner! Cue jubilation on the terrace behind the goal.

During the course of that night with other results, at one point we were something like 10 points adrift in the relegation zone. Then Grimsby (?) threw a couple of goals away, Molesley scored that, and suddenly we were back in touch with the pack again. It was the night that for me, our survival prospects turned from mere hope to actual belief that we were going to do it.

With everything that's happened since, this moment was a foundation stone for it all.

Gave me belief we could do it for the first time, for sure.

We have had some great times since then but I struggle to recall coming out of any other ground where the chanting and singing continued so loudly as fans left the ground. Part important goal and part coming right at the end I guess.

I lost the plot also, I went down half a dozen steps in no seconds at all.It was all a bit last minute pardon the pun I decided at lunch time that I would go on my jack just glad I did.Away days don't get much better than this it has to be in my all time top 5 away days.

;