18 days since end of season....

The season ticket deadline is in a few minutes. Bound to announce it's Johnny Woodgate then !

Tbh, I'd be quite pleased to see Woodgate appointed. But if he is given the job, begs the question as to why we had to wait until now ?

The season ticket deadline is in a few minutes. Bound to announce it's Johnny Woodgate then !

Tbh, I'd be quite pleased to see Woodgate appointed. But if he is given the job, begs the question as to why we had to wait until now ?
JW and our hard working board members all away on holiday I would imagine.
They can't announce JW when he or Blake are not here. They always have to do the signing of the contract photo together, don't they ?

JW and our hard working board members all away on holiday I would imagine.
They can't announce JW when he or Blake are not here. They always have to do the signing of the contract photo together, don't they ?
Maybe they already took the photo a few weeks ago ?

As I see it of late...we are so Tinpot that any existence above the National League is a Bonus from now.....that's 3 relegations away so I'm going to enjoy the crack whatever while we are ' in credit'.... :LOL:

I'm assuming that JW is still at the club. If so, in what capacity? If he's not going to be our manager next season then does he stay on as assistant until the new manager is sacked after we lose our first five games? Please don't let that happen!!

"OK, JW of course you've got the gig for next season, but we can't announce it just yet, see ? We have to make a song and dance about wanting to sign someone glamourous and ambitious-looking so we can boost the season ticket renewals, which have been looking a bit dodgy since we lost to Brentford. Make it look like we're dead set on promotion next season.

Got it ? Good.

Right then, you best be getting back to trimming that squad like I told you to..."

"OK, JW of course you've got the gig for next season, but we can't announce it just yet, see ? We have to make a song and dance about wanting to sign someone glamourous and ambitious-looking so we can boost the season ticket renewals, which have been looking a bit dodgy since we lost to Brentford. Make it look like we're dead set on promotion next season.

Got it ? Good.

Right then, you best be getting back to trimming that squad like I told you to..."
You think people sign up for season tickets depending on the 'glamour' of a manager? I'd given you more credit than that.

You think people sign up for season tickets depending on the 'glamour' of a manager? I'd given you more credit than that.

I think that people would be keener to renew their season tickets if the club sent out clear signals that we were gearing up for a serious tilt at promotion. Signing a "big name, big money " manager like Scott Parker would suggest that we are.

Some sad old sacks just renew season tickets whatever the situation. If my support for this team and club relied on who the manager is or players are I wouldn't still be here.
Well, precisely.

If you go back, say 10-15 years, we had a hardcore support of about 4000 who would come regardless. Plenty of us on this board.

The extra fans we have gained since 2010 have been attracted by SUCCESS. If we slowly drift down the leagues, they will surely drift away.

Therefore, if you wanted to retain their loyalty, and ensure they renewed their STs, you would at least try to create the impression that we are going places, rather than planning a gentle decline.

Us oldies can deal with failure. The new generation of fans ? Not so sure.

Well, precisely.

If you go back, say 10-15 years, we had a hardcore support of about 4000 who would come regardless. Plenty of us on this board.

The extra fans we have gained since 2010 have been attracted by SUCCESS. If we slowly drift down the leagues, they will surely drift away.

Therefore, if you wanted to retain their loyalty, and ensure they renewed their STs, you would at least try to create the impression that we are going places, rather than planning a gentle decline.

Us oldies can deal with failure. The new generation of fans ? Not so sure.
So the club should just recruit someone with glamour? OK. Any names in mind?

As mentioned elsewhere here, if we do now announce JW it looks like either 1) he wasn't our first choice and everyone else turned us down or 2) We've been p$$ing around and wasted time with unnecessary uncertainty.

The one thing this Board has lacked in the last couple of years is any kind of plan or direction. It all feels knee-jerk whether it's the managerial appointments, signings or infrastructure.

;