18 days since end of season....

Time for an update..........

21 days since the end of the season........
...and only 8 weeks to the start of the season and for someone to come on board; sort out the coaching/backroom staff; decide which of the squad is worth holding on to; determine who the new player targets are; embed the training and playing ethos into the players...and be "ready to compete in the Championship"...all eminently possible I imagine, but time is ticking...

Guess Stanislas and Smith will be waiting to see who manager is before they sign, or if they sign before that no one knows if the new manager will want them. Same with backroom staff, some may be ditched and need to find new jobs.

Guess Stanislas and Smith will be waiting to see who manager is before they sign, or if they sign before that no one knows if the new manager will want them. Same with backroom staff, some may be ditched and need to find new jobs.
Then we need to go shopping for the gaps we have, and the gaps we might have in the near future. It's a heck of a lot to have sorted in a short space of time.

...and only 8 weeks to the start of the season and for someone to come on board; sort out the coaching/backroom staff; decide which of the squad is worth holding on to; determine who the new player targets are; embed the training and playing ethos into the players...and be "ready to compete in the Championship"...all eminently possible I imagine, but time is ticking...

Pre-season games only 5/6 weeks away

Ahhhhhhh what the heck, it’s only football .......

Viera’s record in management isn’t actually that bad, and would bring a wealth of contacts and at the same time probably be a pull for any player we were to potentially recruit. Why not him? He’d be a hell of a lot better choice than Woodgate.

We might be running out of candidates again. Eventually you have to appoint someone even if not your first choice. Last season we had even less time hence no doubt JT got the job. Sometimes better the devil you know rather than an unknown risk?

Last edited:
Martin Allen's looking to take over another tin pot club owned and run by tiny men that are going nowhere. There was a dream of city status and an a legacy of 30k average, but Jeff Mostyn, Neil Blake and Max ruined it. I'd love to see Blake hung off the Shard like a certain Richard Carr.

;