2 six pointers tomorrow

Burnley Fulham
Cardiff Huddersfield

I'll take 2 away wins please, just to keep things interesting down there.

That and to potentially put Southampton in 19th place come 5 o'clock.

Burnley Fulham
Cardiff Huddersfield

I'll take 2 away wins please, just to keep things interesting down there.

That and to potentially put Southampton in 19th place come 5 o'clock.

I respectfully disagree. The ideal outcomes for these games are for Burnley to beat Fulham and Cardiff to beat Huddersfield. We must not allow the current bottom three to pick up points. We need to maintain a healthy gap between us and the bottom three. Personally, due to the current injuries we have I cannot envisage us getting anything at Everton on Sunday. Therefore, we must not allow the bottom three to pick up any points in order to maintain our 11 point cushion.

What are our current injuries Cook, Francis and Smith?
Surely those players don¨t have a effect when we have quality players to replace them.

I am more concerned about the COWS report that we could be without Wison, King and Fraser. If so we will be up $hizer Strasse.
I agree that if we are missing all 3 of those it will be pretty tough to get anything.
However, the game's not for 2 more days and Eddie always exaggerates the extent of minor injuries ahead of games so as not to give away our lineup to the opposition.

I respectfully disagree. The ideal outcomes for these games are for Burnley to beat Fulham and Cardiff to beat Huddersfield. We must not allow the current bottom three to pick up points. We need to maintain a healthy gap between us and the bottom three. Personally, due to the current injuries we have I cannot envisage us getting anything at Everton on Sunday. Therefore, we must not allow the bottom three to pick up any points in order to maintain our 11 point cushion.
Given the number of six pointers at the bottom over the next few weeks, it is quite possible that that cushion could shrink a bit. But, it's equally possible that points will be shared and that there will be a few draws. Or, that the bottom three will be cut adrift. I view it with interest, but without worry, we will get our share.

A predictable response. No one should be worrying about these games half way through the season.

I agree that if we are missing all 3 of those it will be pretty tough to get anything.
However, the game's not for 2 more days and Eddie always exaggerates the extent of minor injuries ahead of games so as not to give away our lineup to the opposition.

The fact the Eddie is coy about our injuries is well known. All managers do this and it is not unusual. However, we are a small club with a small squad when compared to the top six. Everton as a club are not stupid, they already know our strengths and weaknesses and can guess our likely line-up and formation. It is more difficult for us to assess their
line-ups as they have a biggers squad and their options are more plentiful.

The fact the Eddie is coy about our injuries is well known. All managers do this and it is not unusual. However, we are a small club with a small squad when compared to the top six. Everton as a club are not stupid, they already know our strengths and weaknesses and can guess our likely line-up and formation. It is more difficult for us to assess their
Not sure about Everton knowing our likely formation. I struggle to fathom it out on a week by week basis lately and I watch pretty much every game.

It is more difficult for us to assess their

https://www.premierleague.com/news/844127

Perhaps you could peruse this site and explain to the rest of us why Everton’s 25 man Premier League squad is bigger than our 25 man squad? Last time I did arithmetic 25 = 25. But you may have a better method of calculation.

As you know everything about our injuries, what team will Eddie be putting out? And in what formation.

Oh come on Mr Gloomy.

We're a way off getting sucked into that little whirlpool.

And anyway, I was there to witness 89-90 when we went down.

You can't deny, it all turned out OK in the end, didn't it?

I want an eight way fight come the final game of the season.

Oh come on Mr Gloomy.

We're away off getting sucked into that little whirlpool.

And anyway, I was there to witness 89-90 when we went down.

You can't deny, it all turned out OK in the end, didn't it?

I want an eight way fight come the final game of the season.

Correct. We may well be some way off getting sucked in. But the Premier League is like a quick-sand if you are not careful. All it will take is a couple more defeats, maybe due to injuries or a key player being sold and for the bottom three to get a win and then we will be looking over our shoulder. I can assume that you, like me, would prefer to bottom three to stay where they are and not creep up on us.

Correct. We may well be some way off getting sucked in. But the Premier League is like a quick-sand if you are not careful. All it will take is a couple more defeats, maybe due to injuries or a key player being sold and for the bottom three to get a win and then we will be looking over our shoulder. I can assume that you, like me, would prefer to bottom three to stay where they are and not creep up on us.

I know I may be in the minority, but TBH, if we go down, we go down.

I approach every game believing we can win it, but still prepare myself for the worst AFCB can throw at me.

And by God, AFCB have thrown some shite at us over the years.

[QUOTE="fritter, post: 238931, member: 187"
I don't fancy our chances in the Championship mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but once we find our true level again in Div 2 we'll be a real force to be reckoned with.

;