2nd half

Proud of another single goal defeat to a top side...Or a semi reserve side.

And that my friends is exactly what is wrong with our supporters right now.

Actually Al, I'd take issue with that. Some of the single goal defeats have been us soaking up pressure and not playing the way that got us here with, what seemed like, very little chance of any other result than a defeat.

I'd say the second half we absolutely took the game to them and had them panicking at the back. The difference between that and some of the other single goal defeats is that on another day you could easily see us winning that. Play like that every week some more and we'll pick up plenty of points.

I saw the last hour.
Fight. passion. Energy.
The formation makes such a difference.
Surman, Arter and Gosling did well.
But the difference was the formation.
Not individuals.

AlGard - 20/12/2017 21:44

Did you watch Al , were you not at all impressed ?
Our reserves battered their >500 million pound reserves !

So our team was not a semi reserve side?
Go finish your French plonk.
Just to point out. I said I enjoyed the 2nd half, a good game of football. I didn’t like the fact we lost.
Can you enlighten us to what is wrong with our supporters just now?

RobTrent - 20/12/2017 22:45

What an absolute misery you are Al.

Misery? No.
Great 2nd half...Against a Chelsea select. Although they put on the big hitters later on.

League points the priority. Hopefully 4 more by new year.

Expecting a narrow 1-0 at Man City on Sat

So we can't enjoy a performance unless we win?.....This is what is wrong with our supporters right now....forgotten who we are.

I can only imagine you weren't watching. Cracking game of football, proper response to the Liverpool match. Much closer to the Man Utd performance. We were pretty good first half, phenomenal second half. Could've watched that game all week. Hopefully we take that into Maine Road, we might get something, they have to lose at some point

Dansouth - 20/12/2017 22:49

Anyone ever asked how our £400 million was spent?

Did you watch Al , were you not at all impressed ?
Our reserves battered their >500 million pound reserves !

NWCherries98 - 20/12/2017 16:50

afcb.czech - 20/12/2017 21:43

Thought Ibe was excellent in the central role.

I fully expect Howe to learn nothing from this little nugget, and to return to his favourite 4-4-2

Sadly you may be correct Howe is nothing if not stubborn though I’d love a back 4 with a mid 3 of arter, cook, Surman in the middle with king/Wilson upfront with Fraser one side and Stan/Ibe on the other and to see it vs city but also vs west ham and Everton

kirsikka - 20/12/2017 21:47

Actually Al, I'd take issue with that. Some of the single goal defeats have been us soaking up pressure and not playing the way that got us here with, what seemed like, very little chance of any other result than a defeat.

I'd say the second half we absolutely took the game to them and had them panicking at the back. The difference between that and some of the other single goal defeats is that on another day you could easily see us winning that. Play like that every week some more and we'll pick up plenty of points.

Absolutely agree with this. For the first time in a long time we looked like a Bournemouth team with fight and passion. Okay we switched off at the end, but ignoring the result it was a really good, entertaining performance. I'm okay with us losing like this.

...hopefully some belief back in the squad after Sunday!

Onwards and upwards...and we may have found a better use for Ibe as a No 10?

...UTC

;