3 clean sheets in a row

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Is this a first for us in the Premier League?

Cook and Ake were absolute rocks today.
Smith has been excellent since he came back from injury and as I’ve previously mentioned Rico is a completely different player to last a season. Kelly will be waiting for a start until the FA Cup at this rate.

Billing and Lerma tracking back and complimenting the defence brilliantly also.

And as for Rambo - what can you say? The lad is already a legend and he’s only played 11 games for us. Absolutely genius move to make him our No 1.

England should be coming knocking for Cook and Ramsdale imminently

We did 3 clean sheets at beginning of Nov 17 Newcastle a 1-0 Huddersfield h 4-0 and Swansea a 0-0 and 3 last season at end of Oct 18 Watford a 4-0 Southampton h 0-0 Fulham a 3-0.

Oct Nov must be the time of year for clean Sheets!

We did 3 clean sheets at beginning of Nov 17 Newcastle a 1-0 Huddersfield h 4-0 and Swansea a 0-0 and 3 last season at end of Oct 18 Watford a 4-0 Southampton h 0-0 Fulham a 3-0.

Oct Nov must be the time of year for clean Sheets!

Ah thanks, maybe another one at Newcastle next week to make it 4, however they are beating West Ham away at the moment

Ah thanks, maybe another one at Newcastle next week to make it 4, however they are beating West Ham away at the moment

Surprisingly, Newcastle have conceded the least goals at home this season; just three along with palace and Leicester. Cue another 0-0 result? Having posted this, however, probably means a six goal thriller next week!

Its because we no longer play Begovic, Francis and Daniels in the defence that we are not conceding so many. It was blindingly obvious to all but EH that were liabilities. How long before he wakes up to Rico.

Its because we no longer play Begovic, Francis and Daniels in the defence that we are not conceding so many. It was blindingly obvious to all but EH that were liabilities. How long before he wakes up to Rico.
A year ago you would have been harsh to judge so quickly but at least have a point about him struggling.
But now? You could make a strong case for him being our best player so far this season.

Eddie spends all week with the players....I imagine he knows which ones to pick for each game!
And.
.same as any other manager, will get it wrong occasionally....

Francis and Daniels are like Gods to me...nothing theyve ever done has got us relegated! On the contrary...they are Winners of the highest order!....only losing out to age/injury now....and the natural progression of youth coming through....influenced by themselves around the place!
Rico got MoM in several papers for his performance on Saturday!

You been drinking today?? Rico is currently a vital part of the back four and all his stats back that up too compared to other PL left backs.

I want to get excited about our improved defending, but when I look at the table I see us with 13 GA after 11 games.
Last season we had 14 GA after 11 games, but 4 more points.
Different fixture lists and all that, but let's not get too self-congratulatory just yet.
After Christmas we'll know whether our defending is significantly better or not.

The issue for our defence will be avoiding the calamities. Our performances at Spurs and Arsenal last season were appalling. We haven’t played Liverpool yet this season. I’m not suggesting we should be keeping a clean sheet against Liverpool, but if we don’t humiliate ourselves, it should give the defence more confidence to keep further clean sheets against teams around our level.

I want to get excited about our improved defending, but when I look at the table I see us with 13 GA after 11 games.
Last season we had 14 GA after 11 games, but 4 more points.
Different fixture lists and all that, but let's not get too self-congratulatory just yet.
After Christmas we'll know whether our defending is significantly better or not.
Quite right. If at the end of the season we've managed to avoid a humping by anybody AND we've finished the season having only lost narrowly to the top teams in the league, then I think we can say with confidence that the quality of our defending has definitely and systematically improved. If Newcastle put six past us in the next game then the run we've been on was merely deceptive, a bit like ManU's run of results before they played us. Early days for sure but still encouraging signs. Now we need to maintain that form and deliver consistency in our defensive performances.

Last edited:

;