35M for Ake?

Good business all round. Good luck to him if it happens. Just hope he gets enough of a run of games to prove himself.

As good as we know Aké is, we don’t really have much of a bargaining position when he’s played 3 and a half seasons for a defence that’s shipped 60+ goals every year we’ve been in the PL.

At the end of the day we’ve made a £15m cash profit plus his magnificent contribution during the 3 years he’s been with us permanently.

Decent fee as a relegated side, maybe selling a bit short as a surviving side.

That'll take a chunk out of the red column hopefully.

Ake absolutely deserves it.

the athletic claimed recently that we need pay c £32m to other clubs this summer (out of a total liability of £81m) so need a few more out to cover the full liability!

the athletic claimed recently that we need pay c £32m to other clubs this summer (out of a total liability of £81m) so need a few more out to cover the full liability!
See what happens with King, which I suppose will be the next one. And a few more after that too I guess.

All the fees are staggered, we'll have a bit of last summer's sales due also. On that, I wonder what Villa's balance sheet looks like?!

Think a few more £million wouldn’t go amiss, not like City can’t afford it. Wish Ake well though, it’s been a pleasure to see such a quality player representing AFCB.

He’ll always be an absolute legend at our club whatever he does. If it is City he could be a real star for Pep, if he plays him regularly. Here’s hoping for a bidding war starting at 35 million!

All the fees are staggered, we'll have a bit of last summer's sales due also. On that, I wonder what Villa's balance sheet looks like?!
True but don’t forget with Mousset’s fee we borrowed the full fee upfront with the installments being paid directly to Macquarie Bank as and when they originally fall due

Think realistically only City and United would go for him . Be funny to watch United trying not to be outgunned by City though. Unless Van Dijk has a word in Klopps ear.

;