4 pts behind, are we underrated?

Kenya Cherrie

UTC Legend
Too early to say, but the form looks good, winning games against our equals so far.
November, December fixtures will show how far we have advanced.
I can understand Eddie and the players being excited with how the team is performing so far.
Lets go and show them how we play. Bring it on.

Think the 4-0 hiding at Burnley took the edge off the start of the season. Lot of plaudits for Eddie and the team. Think individual players are underrated eg dunk considered for England plays in a boring defensive side so looks better than our Steve cook who gets exposed playing in a more open side.

Good start, but only 8 games out of 38 played.

Winter conditions to come yet, just hope we stay clear of injuries.

Christmas is the shaking out period ,we’ll have played most teams once let’s see where we are then .....playing some bloody good stuff this season though , think we have a right to be optimistic for the season .

...trouble is that we always have a Burnley result in us on a bad day!

But we are the best that we have ever been in this league so the future looks bright from here on in...

Yes, and we have a Chelsea 3-0 win on our very best day.

I can hardly wait for things to unfold. I anticipate more highs than lows. BTK is spot on that injuries can materially change the trajectory. UTC.

Just under a third of our games over the course of the season will be against a top 6 team. So far 1/8th of our games have been against the top 6. Once the figure gets closer to 1/3rd can that question be answered.
Not taking anything away from the fantastic start, we have however had a kind fixture list for the first 8 games.

Always find this interesting
A maths statto from Warwick Uni produces a table which ranks teams during the season in such a way that the strength of each team's opponents to date is taken properly into account, as well as each team's number of matches played, at home and away.

According to his Alternative League Table, we are right where we should be.

https://alt-3.uk/leagues/england-premier-league/

Just under a third of our games over the course of the season will be against a top 6 team. So far 1/8th of our games have been against the top 6. Once the figure gets closer to 1/3rd can that question be answered.
Not taking anything away from the fantastic start, we have however had a kind fixture list for the first 8 games.
The corollary of course is that we have only played 1 game against the bottom 5 teams, who collectively have 2 wins. We are doing very well against teams that we would expect would stand in our way of a top 9 finish.

Not really. It's a good start but it still is early days. Look how quickly Watford fell back and we're only one win in front of them.

The form has been noted in most places but there's no cause to be too effusive just yet. Plus, with only one game against the top six so far, that will always be a caveat in the eyes of many.

If we're still in touch with the top six after our run of games against them I expect there to be a lot more coverage. However, I'm not really expecting us to be. If we can carry on looking good for a spot as best of the rest then I'll be very happy.

Not really. It's a good start but it still is early days. Look how quickly Watford fell back and we're only one win in front of them.

The form has been noted in most places but there's no cause to be too effusive just yet. Plus, with only one game against the top six so far, that will always be a caveat in the eyes of many.

If we're still in touch with the top six after our run of games against them I expect there to be a lot more coverage. However, I'm not really expecting us to be. If we can carry on looking good for a spot as best of the rest then I'll be very happy.

Played 1 of the top 5 and 1 of the bottom 5.

We've gone under the radar slightly in terms of our playing style. Its rarely been mentioned, but we've actually quietly evolved from an expansive possession based team to a more compact fast counter attacking team.

When teams cotton onto this this, things might be more difficult. Will they though? No one adjusted to Leicester in 15/16 and the modern approach is for teams to stick to their beliefs instead of being more pragmatic.

No matter how well we are doing, opposition managers will find it difficult to justify to their supporters setting up differently to stop little AFCB. The biggest challenge is going to be how we react when the inevitable blip comes.

Agree we have a long season left and, a lot of games against the top 6 upcoming. Very excited and proud of the Cherries so far. Love the style of play and I know it’s been said however Lerma is the difference maker so far. His physical play and presence in the midfield has been the critical link we’ve been missing. He springs the breakout so effectively.

we are a great team at the moment, all parts contributing. our forward line looks fantastic, given freedom by our newly combative midfield. however.... for me, we are still overly reliant on one man - nathan "man of the match" ake - take him out, and things would be very different

that said - a lot of teams have a star player, hazard, kane etc.

just saying.

The bottom five will see some changes through the season as to who it contains. The top 5? Hmm... probably not. Unless Man Utd get their act together.

Fair point and, of course, no easy game in this league but we should be looking for points from teams such as Huddersfield Newcastle Fulham Brighton and saints. We will drop points against some of these teams but may nick points from top sides as shown at Chelsea when we had decent chances.

;