48 hours that will determine our season

If its true and Zemura is off...then nay worry ..Boscombe gotta look after other clubs..a Rodgers career and all....we wouldna wanna f√ckin turn into a successful f√ckin 'football town' would we....
...what next Pearson to Rangers... Brooks to f√ckin River Plate...Billing to Racing Club Leeds ...
...hey..to f√ck wiv it Batman .. get em's all up to Blyth Spartans on loan....and draft in Dorchester's squad!

jokin' aside.... whoever is the source bandit..ffs get te f√ck off the alcopops and pretzels with these Tempting Fate rumours..

So you'd like to bring in an attacking midfielder pretty much like the OP is suggesting?
I would like to play that way with one in the team.

First, I would want to be sure we didn't have one already or one I could develop, so would have tried Brooks and Marcondes in that role, with coaching between games during some of the last 7 games plus preseason to be honest. And then I would look elsewhere, but crucially I would as well as letting others go.

Even SP is know admitting some players will need to go out on loan if he brings in more faces as SP likes to say.

I see Lerma as a destroyer to be honest. I don’t see him as a player who recycles the ball quickly and keeps us ticking over like a Surman or a Lewis Cook. I don’t see him driving the ball forward like a Harry Arter or linking play like Billing when he’s in the mood.

Sure he can arrive on the edge of the box to smack a goal or two in from distance but he’s not the man to make our midfield tick with a high tempo. We’ve seen it in the past that our midfield slows down centrally with him in that role.
I totally agree when we are talking PL level, but he has the engine to be box to box, tackling to do the defensive side of of that role and can both play a pass and score (when not shooting from 30+yards). The tempo should be that slight be slower in this div, that against at least the bottom half of this league that if he was asked to focus on the tempo I think he could do it. Still you may be right, I just think if he can't who really is there that's affordable at this level that can without them having other crucial weaknesses in the areas that he's strong.

I guess the thing about the type of player you described is that having one means you can be effective with that player as one of 2 midfielders so you can have 4 attacking players, whereas if you need 2 other midfielders or back 5 to cover elements where this player can't do it all, then you can't be so attacking.

The tempo should be that slight be slower in this div,

Having only been to two league games this season, one against a freshly relegated side finding their feet under a new manager and one against a newly promoted side from League One it may be too early to put my colours on the mast here, but, the Championship has always been a higher tempo than the Premier League.

You’ve always had far more teams playing a higher pressing game in the Championship than the Premier League. Unless you’re in the top 6, eventually all clubs in the top tier resort to a shape first philosophy. Get back in to the system to prevent yourselves getting hammered.

Clubs can keep going for a bit and be that breath of fresh air the media love, ourselves have been that club, Sheffield United managed it for half a season, Leeds on and off. But eventually, when the players change it always drops back to a safety first, counter-attack plan.

In the Championship, most clubs can afford to be front foot, attacking teams, pressing in packs. It’s why the division is so popular, it’s higher tempo and more open.

I would like to play that way with one in the team.

First, I would want to be sure we didn't have one already or one I could develop, so would have tried Brooks and Marcondes in that role, with coaching between games during some of the last 7 games plus preseason to be honest. And then I would look elsewhere, but crucially I would as well as letting others go.

Even SP is know admitting some players will need to go out on loan if he brings in more faces as SP likes to say.
I'm starting to think that some of these posts by Waz and yourself are starting to become a bit ridiculous. Don't you think that Parker tries different things in training and that he works with these players day in day out.
Parker has been in and around the professional game since he was 11 years old, he has represented his country at every possible level and has played for countless football clubs over a distinguished career. How many managers and coaches do you imagined he's been schooled by over the years ?
All of this and yet we have posters on this forum suggesting that maybe he should pop on here and take notes from people who have sat in the stands and watched his players once a week over the past few years. Frankly it's embarrassing, self indulgent nonsense that is bordering on delusional.

I'm starting to think that some of these posts by Waz and yourself are starting to become a bit ridiculous. Don't you think that Parker tries different things in training and that he works with these players day in day out.
Parker has been in and around the professional game since he was 11 years old, he has represented his country at every possible level and has played for countless football clubs over a distinguished career. How many managers and coaches do you imagined he's been schooled by over the years ?
All of this and yet we have posters on this forum suggesting that maybe he should pop on here and take notes from people who have sat in the stands and watched his players once a week over the past few years. Frankly it's embarrassing, self indulgent nonsense that is bordering on delusional.
Or on the other hand it’s called having an opinion. Jesus Christ go and have a lie down bud.

Not much baffles me but... :please:

S'okay now..I've switched on...didn't sleep well last night....yeah Cheese..

The ' best' Cheddar I've tasted is Steckler Bright Meadow from Indiana...difficult to get here...it was at a Cheese and Cider Fayre couple of years back in Frome ..when I was researching family history up there....bitter up front with a sort of sweetish after taste..as I found it....missus didn't like it though. ..mind you I was goodbellied on the cider so....

Maybe this forum just isn't for you. :grinning:

The above is most poster's default setting.

Like Sheffield utd would stay up last year, and we were better off when lerma got sent off?
Yes, those are indeed opinions. I’m not perfect and I get things wrong sometimes. Is that okay with you? I’m very sorry if you can’t handle that.

I don’t actually see much wrong with the comments in the opening post, or people discussing the pros and cons of tactics or team selections.

If football supporters can’t do that on a football supporters forum where can they do it? Sure disagree and debate it if you wish, or don’t read it and join in the topics that do interest you.

But people discussing who a manager should pick, or a striker should score easily from this effort etc by people who have never been involved in the professional game is all part of why we love the game is it not?

I know I’m certainly not qualified to hold an opinion but I still have one and that’s in regards to football, television series productions, politics, comedy…

I don’t actually see much wrong with the comments in the opening post, or people discussing the pros and cons of tactics or team selections.

If football supporters can’t do that on a football supporters forum where can they do it? Sure disagree and debate it if you wish, or don’t read it and join in the topics that do interest you.

But people discussing who a manager should pick, or a striker should score easily from this effort etc by people who have never been involved in the professional game is all part of why we love the game is it not?

I know I’m certainly not qualified to hold an opinion but I still have one and that’s in regards to football, television series productions, politics, comedy…
As has been said a million times "opinions are like a#*holes, we've all got one". Sure, that's the way it should be but we are at the stage ( I think it was on another thread ) where posters are intimating that Parker should read through some of the comments on here because we've watched these players for a long time and could point him in the right way to employ them in a system that would suit them.
Come on, are we really believing that just because Parker was managing Fulham he has no knowledge of our playing squad ?
The guy has probably forgotten more about other clubs players than we will ever know.

Reactions: DJ
…Scott Parker certainly knows more than all of us and I won’t be doubting that he has a plan and over the longer term he will do a good job for us…we have no money but a decent young nucleus of players to develop and nurture ….sure he has figured that out!

Scott Parker has got Gary O'Neil to advise him about the players attributes. Having spent the second half of last season working with them under Woody : )

As has been said a million times "opinions are like a#*holes, we've all got one". Sure, that's the way it should be but we are at the stage ( I think it was on another thread ) where posters are intimating that Parker should read through some of the comments on here because we've watched these players for a long time and could point him in the right way to employ them in a system that would suit them.
Come on, are we really believing that just because Parker was managing Fulham he has no knowledge of our playing squad ?
The guy has probably forgotten more about other clubs players than we will ever know.
Your comments are a fair challenge.

As has been said, this is just opinions, like we would offer each other over a pint or coffee. There's no real purpose to it. It's also entertaining at times, full of wind up and some times serious.

I would say, have you ever been in situation you thought you could do a better job than the boss, or wished the business you worked for would listen to their employees more etc? It's what people say without regard to experience, because it's a way of expressing something could be better. Almost all walks of life benefit from opinions even when most of them are crap, and some of them are in jest (like Parker should read the forum).

Thank god for opinions I say, life would be very dull without them.

;