48 hours that will determine our season

So with the Christie signing pretty much done and dusted how does everybody think we are looking ? Is that enough or do we need more to mount a top 2 challenge? And this is not a dig Waz.

It looks to be a good couple of days work.

There's an interesting debate to be had around Parker/JT/Woodgate.

From what I can see, these are quality players.

Would they have come to AFCB if JT or Woody were still in charge?

I seriously don't think Christie would be here if Parker wasn't. I spoke to a Millwall supporter today through work and he reckons with our squad now ( Cahill in particular) if we don't go the rest of the season unbeaten Parker should have his head on the railings at the Town Hall. A bit of an extreme Millwall type statement but it got me wondering what the rest of the Championship must be thinking looking at our squad.

I seriously don't think Christie would be here if Parker wasn't. I spoke to a Millwall supporter today through work and he reckons with our squad now ( Cahill in particular) if we don't go the rest of the season unbeaten Parker should have his head on the railings at the Town Hall. A bit of an extreme Millwall type statement but it got me wondering what the rest of the Championship must be thinking looking at our squad.

Man City lost the first game of this season. Any team can lose, it's how you come back from defeat. We haven't looked worthy of a top 2 finish, and i still think we will end up mid table.

Exactly what I was thinking. If Christie comes here then this transfer window really was a statement of intent and other teams will sit up and take notice. We also have an affordable group of players for the next couple of years you would think. I know we’ve moved a lot of the high earners on but it does feel as though we have replaced them with good quality, affordable players to build for the future.

Liking what I’m seeing so far and now it’s up to Parker to make a great team out of all this talent, get the tactics right etc. He appears to have been given the tools to get the job done, so credit to Max for giving it a proper go and not just cashing out !!

:utc:

I’m delighted. We’ve got a great mix of experienced PL heads, youngsters and new signings. I think (GK aside) we have a much stronger squad than last season. Might take a few games to gel but bring it on!

So with the Christie signing pretty much done and dusted how does everybody think we are looking ? Is that enough or do we need more to mount a top 2 challenge? And this is not a dig Waz.
Looking better for sure.

We should have enough to mount a challenge; interesting days ahead to see what our first choice 11 might be (predict that being tomorrow morning's new thread), and if these signings let Parker adopt a style/system he hasn't been able to adopt.

Wondering if we will see a few of the younger players go out till Jan on loan to guarantee development.

What's your own thought on it?

Really pleased with business so far. I remember the distant past and waiting all transfer deadline day just hoping for something, anything. It's starting to feel that Parker is building a tidy and hopefully likeable squad of players with decent competition for places.

Thought we'd make the playoffs and hoped to challenge for top two. Bit more optimistic now, but the proof is in the pudding so lets see how the teams plays.

Lowe and Christie (touch wood) are 27 and 25 respectively so, together with Davis (21) and Rogers (19) there is a good mix of age/experience and youth in our new signings.

I guess you mean would the players have chosen to join? Good question. Maybe they wouldn't have. JW inherited transfer decisions and all things considered, did a pretty good job I think. Many clubs would have kept him on for getting us to the playoffs based on how we were playing when he took over. JT was an inexperienced manager and didn't seem to command the respect or be able to motivate the players. I don't blame him for that. His transfer decisions: Shane Long and Jack Wilshere were surprising and turned out to not benefit us at all really. He did, though, get Begovic onside, which was very important and Pearson was a good signing. SP has something about him though. Socially quite awkward with the media. He's incredibly ambitious, though and I can see why players would be drawn to playing with him. Also, seems to have more of a longer-term vision.

;