48 hours that will determine our season

Which players wore 9 alongside Ted ?..I think Boyer was 10..
Boyer mostly wore no 9, but he did wear 10 for a while when he first joined.
No 10 was shared around a bit - Eddie Rowles, Keith Miller and Tommy Mitchenson all wore it when Ted was there.
Looking back at the old records Ted did wear the No 9 shirt for about half the season when we got relegated in 69-70s, and he also wore it for a few games in 70-71.

I’m going to complicate matters here but on the whole shirt number to describe a position thing. What is widely referred to as a “number 6” personally for me would be a number 4 as a number 6 was always a centre back. Hitting
It’s an age thing! But I’m with you. I always remember arguing with my dad that a 4 was a defensive midfielder but to him it was the centre half with a left and right half either side and of course the two full backs being called that because they were the two hard men furthest back! Not the overlapping primadonnas with perms that scored goals that they became….

It’s an age thing! But I’m with you. I always remember arguing with my dad that a 4 was a defensive midfielder but to him it was the centre half with a left and right half either side and of course the two full backs being called that because they were the two hard men furthest back! Not the overlapping primadonnas with perms that scored goals that they became….
No way to talk about Tommy Heffernan

Personally for me a number 8 is a box to box central midfielder. A player that has a licence to get forward but isn’t devolved of all responsibility defensively.

They need to be able to pick the ball up from the back four and drive it forward either with the ball at their feet or dictating the pace of the game by keeping the ball moving quickly.

They also need to track back and basically run themselves into the ground every game.

For England it’s a Lampard or a Gerrard, which was why they couldn’t partner together in a midfield two as one needed to be a 6 whilst the other was an 8…

In a midfield three you have the opportunity to play two 6’s and an 8, or even a 10 and no 8…or you can play one 6 and two 8’s or a 10, if your wingers are expected to be offering support to their full backs defensively rather than just wide forwards… :)
So if he was asked to do it, remembering we are in Championship, so he should be playing within himself, IF we had a manager who wanted that, wouldn't Jeff be the right candidate, rather than scouring the planet for someone else. And doh!,think his shirt is No 8 too.

Personally I would like two passing midfielders in front of the back four, and the player with complete licence in behind Dom, half second striker half midfielder. Totally disrupt the press by always being available for the mid range through ball and able to bring in wingers and strikers, and midfield runners. But I don't think we have one and it's irrelevant because I can't see Parker going down that route.

So if he was asked to do it, remembering we are in Championship, so he should be playing within himself, IF we had a manager who wanted that, wouldn't Jeff be the right candidate, rather than scouring the planet for someone else. And doh!,think his shirt is No 8 too.

Personally I would like two passing midfielders in front of the back four, and the player with complete licence in behind Dom, half second striker half midfielder. Totally disrupt the press by always being available for the mid range through ball and able to bring in wingers and strikers, and midfield runners. But I don't think we have one and it's irrelevant because I can't see Parker going down that route.

So you'd like to bring in an attacking midfielder pretty much like the OP is suggesting?

So how many hours are left until the Afcb end of days event ? Is it going to be like a Fortnite event ? Can we all watch ?

I see Lerma as a destroyer to be honest. I don’t see him as a player who recycles the ball quickly and keeps us ticking over like a Surman or a Lewis Cook. I don’t see him driving the ball forward like a Harry Arter or linking play like Billing when he’s in the mood.

Sure he can arrive on the edge of the box to smack a goal or two in from distance but he’s not the man to make our midfield tick with a high tempo. We’ve seen it in the past that our midfield slows down centrally with him in that role.

Zemura to Leicester?
Surely not to sit in their 2nd team for a few years?
Still, cash up front is good.

;