5 Years ago! Amazing finish to the season!

London Cherry

First Team
I know Billy has mentioned that the Charlton game is on repicked today but what a finale to the season it was!! We went from hating the Owls in blue/white to loving them!! What an end to the season, the likes of which we might never see again! The images of Tommy/Eddie at al lifting the trophy will live long in the memory!

@Mark WFC We also had one the other way two years earlier and boy was it bizarre.

Final day of the League One season.

Brentford v Doncaster
Tranmere Rovers v AFCB

Pay attention now, this is complicated...

If AFCB win they're champions.
If AFCB draw or lose and Doncaster win, Doncaster are champions and AFCB are promoted.
If AFCB draw and Doncaster draw, they are both promoted with AFCB as champions.
If Brentford win they are promoted and AFCB are champions.

Got that? It's all or nothing for Brentford. They have to win their game.

The AFCB game finishes in a 0-0 draw meaning the door is open for Doncaster to snatch the title as their match still has a couple of minutes left where it is also still 0-0.

Then in the 94th minute, Brentford get a penalty. It's basically the last kick of the game. Score and they go up in place of Doncaster. Knock it over, wide or have the keeper save it and the ref will likely blow his whistle leaving Doncaster to take that promotion slot.

This is what happened:

Earlier in our promotion season I took the precaution of buying a couple of sets of tickets for Charlton matches so I could get a ticket in the home end if needs be. One of the matches, a bargain football for a fiver, was in February.

I didn’t want the tickets so I gave them to a colleague at work because her husband was a Charlton fan. When she gave them to him she told him it was a Valentine’s Day present. Who says romance is dead?

Earlier that season I took the precaution of buying a couple of sets of tickets for Charlton matches so I could get a ticket in the home end if needs be. One of the matches, a bargain football for a fiver, was in February.

I didn’t want the tickets so I gave them to a colleague at work because her husband was a Charlton fan. When she gave them to him she told him it was a Valentine’s Day present. Who says romance is dead?

with planning like that, I can see a role for you in future PPE procurement roles!

@Mark WFC We also had one the other way two years earlier and boy was it bizarre.

Brentford v Doncaster
Tranmere Rovers v AFCB

If AFCB draw or lose and Doncaster win, Doncaster are champions and AFCB are promoted.

The AFCB game finishes in a 0-0 draw meaning the door is open for Doncaster to snatch the title as their match still has a couple of minutes left where it is also still 0-0.

Then in the 94th minute, Brentford get a penalty. It's basically the last kick of the game. Score and they go up in place of Doncaster. Knock it over, wide or have the keeper save it and the ref will likely blow his whistle leaving Doncaster to take that promotion slot.

This is what happened:

Yes - same ref as in our famous game v Leicester a few weeks later..

They missed a penalty and Deeney scored at the other end !

I'm hoping to recreate the live Valley experience by having someone stand between me and the screen throughout the match!

Reactions: drd
Questions....I've forgotten the answers of the time.

Where did they hold the Trophy on that day?
I assume it was somewhere midway between Watford and The Valley.

And that Watford fan that ran on the pitch. ..bet he was popular....they were screaming for him to 'get off'....or was he not a Watford fan?

Just watched most of the first half, for the first time since the game itself. I remember us being very good that day, but not as good as that. Tremendous all over the pitch.

First time I’ve seen that all. That was a brilliant watch. Absolutely fantastic first half. Couldn’t get a ticket but that must have been amazing to be there...
Oh for some performances like that if this season ever starts again
UTCIAD

An emotional afternoon even second time around. Loved hearing the Watford result coming through. Credit to Charlton for giving us the second block of tickets.

Brentford v Doncaster
Tranmere Rovers v AFCB

This is what happened:

So deflated at tranmere - deserved that bit of luck in 2015 instead.

I remember looking over to Yann on the bench right at the end and he obviously heard something in the crowd as he leapt up, grabbed a phone from a nearby fan and started jumping up and down.

Wonderful - and I had Matt Ritchie in the sweepstake for the first goal so that paid for my day out.

Couldn’t get a ticket but that must have been amazing to be there...
UTCIAD
UTCIAD[/QUOTE]

It was, I didn’t think I was going to be able to get one and was planning to go up and hang around the ground to try and get in. Fortunately the wonderful @soldiercherry had a spare and let me have it. Unbelievable atmosphere from well before kick off and the team responded in kind

;