6 leave

..I'm not shocked tbh and thought that Federici might be have been one to go?....am expecting a couple of bigger names to go in the next month or so...not including the obvious in Grabban & Afobe...(Brad Smith...Marc Pugh maybe??)

think you'll find pugh's had a one year extension behind the scenes

realistically none of those released players were going to make an impact on the 1st team squad any time soon - simpson has clearly jumped ahead of cargill who at one point couldn't even get into the fleetwood side

I quite liked the look of Sam Matthews at Eastleigh, and hope that he can get a club in the lower division for next season?

It seems our youth policy is just a job for the boys and a complete waste of money for the club.

Since Pitman, Vokes and Ings many years ago, who else has come through the junior ranks and has established himself in the first team, or made us money in transfer fees.? In fact who is in the pipeline to eventually be a financial success for the club?

The "problem" is that our youth set up when these lads were originally recruited was aimed at producing players that could cut it at league 1 or 2 level with the odd one going on to greater things - all of the players released have that ability.
Of course no one could have predicted our meteoric rise up the leagues and the need to produce players at PL level. The proof of our current youth set up will not be apparent for a few years - we need to stop them up the road knicking the best local talent.

It seems our youth policy is just a job for the boys and a complete waste of money for the club.

Since Pitman, Vokes and Ings many years ago, who else has come through the junior ranks and has established himself in the first team, or made us money in transfer fees.? In fact who is in the pipeline to eventually be a financial success for the club?

I disagree with this... We've always had a decent (ish) youth system, with some great names coming through the ranks in not too distant times... You mention Pitman, Vokes, Ings, but forget McQoiud, Hayter etc, (I'm sure Ive missed a couple)...

There are a lot of people involved with AFC Bournemouth, in recent times, that have simply been victims of our rapid rise through the ranks... Both 1st , Dev, and Youth teams... If new were still in Lg 1, poss even the Championship, maybe a few released today (Allsop, Matthews, Cargill), would have been kept on... Simpson seems to be getting a small chance...

It must be very hard for EH to build the entire club so quickly... Surely his main focus needs to be keeping the 1st team fresh and competitive, and once that is semi-complete, then the Dev and your teams can be looked at.

Again, it possibly boils down to the serious lack of infrastructure at the club... But that is not for this thread...

Isn't it a bit unrealistic to expect our youth set up to suddenly start producing PL quality players? Since when did it do that?

The training ground is obviously going to help. Even if the impact on the training itself is minimal, it will help us attract a better talent in the U12, 13 and 14 age groups who could actually have the potential to be PL quality.

Good to see Rhoys Wiggins hasn't been kicked out yet....solid squad member.

By all accounts he really is, as in good around the squad, gets on with folk and does his bit on the training field. Of course I'd swap for someone who can compete for a starting spot, and whilst I also disliked the way he left, and laughed very hard at Bradbury describing him as not very brave on the team talk board a few years back, but he's one of ours now so I'll back him. Let's be honest while players are under contract they're not going to be released, unless they agree to sacrifice their contract, it makes no business sense. We're committed to paying him so even if he's just a man to put in the wall while Junior practises free kicks, try and get some work from him

Re Youth development, since EPPP we've been stuck as them up the road can grab (almost) anyone they want with very little risk given the abolition of the catchment area thing, in fact even before that much of our catchment area was also theirs. We'll start to see more guys get closer to the team but it might take a while. Bringing Joe back was a masterstroke and I get the feeling that with baby Fletch and Molesely involved the academy should be pretty attractive

Good luck to all of them; I really hope they make it.

This is probably the very last batch of 'wrong time wrong place' player that we have.

If we were still Division one then they'd probably 1st teamers, which is pretty much what they expected when they signed for us.

Good luck to all of them; I really hope they make it.

This is probably the very last batch of 'wrong time wrong place' player that we have.

If we were still Division one then they'd probably 1st teamers, which is pretty much what they expected when they signed for us.

So how many of the 6 released have played regularly on loan to L1 or L2 clubs?

So how many of the 6 released have played regularly on loan to L1 or L2 clubs?

Most of them have had L1 and L2 loan stints here, there and everywhere over the last few years.

If AFCB were still a L1 club, most of them would have been around our first team and would have gotten their fair share of football with us. And would probably be better players for it as opposed to short term stints covering gaps for clubs all over the country, playing under two or three different managers every season.

Disappointed with Mathews and Cargill going in one way as they looked really good prospects at one stage ....just not in prem league! So not surprised at the 6 going.

I hope Kyle Taylor steps up along with Simpson and Jordan (who has had injury problems).

Sadly I just think this batch got unlucky with our stay at this level. As others have said, if we had stayed at L1 or even Championship, I think Cargill and Harfield at least would have stayed around, maybe even Matthews. Bailly is possibly unlucky that Simpson has emerged while he has been elsewhere.
I think these three will find decent clubs, maybe even Quigley as well, maybe Cargill will get a deal at Partick for example.
Don't think Tednphil is correct, a little harsh, a lot of clubs will have players that seem great in their teens but don't come through to their first teams.

Just my opinion, no insider info

Rocky - Well we all know he's capable, but obviously been outgrown by the club, will carve a decent career at Lg 1, maybe Championship if someone takes a chance or he gets a team promoted and they stick around

Sam Matthews - Looked good as a youngster, obviously talented, in one of my favourite shirts ever he looked like migh thave a future against Real Madrid, but then so did Mo Coulibaly

Baily Cargill - We all excited as he broke into the side, but then got injured and that hampered his progress. He's had a cracking season with Partick, they bloody love him, but if we offer a one/two season deal in the hope that he can recreate it here then we're wasting his time and ours. If we offer longer he still might not make it. Maybe this one stings us, but fair play to him, he'll have offers. At some point we have to let these guys explore a career rather than keeping them hanging on in hope

Joe Quigley - Had really high hopes for Joe, big lad, brave as hell, gets amongst defenders, reminded me of all the good things about Vokes. Not scared of a scrap, but once again, at his age if he's not excelling in Lg One or at least impressing in the Championship then we have to cut loose and let him seek out a career. Unfortunately his loan spells were always at clubs too low to really see whether he could do it here

Ollie Harfield - Not really seen too much of him in truth, had a few run outs for the first team and didn't ever let us down, but unlike Cargill never caught a headline either. No point signing someone just in the hope that we might get a fee, that's holding these kids to ransom

Patrick O’Flaherty - never sen too much of him, and at first team level we're well stocked for keepers, and also at youth level we have a few keepers coming through, In fact I see a few different names on team sheets at that level most seasons so he's not been able to pin down a spot

edit: I say this but have just realised that maybe Patrick O Flaherty isn;t the keeper we once signed, and might actually be a forward, but either way my point is still relevant, hasn't been regularly on team sheets at any level

The problem is all these players I believe are now in their 20's. By that age they really need to be settled and playing first team football. We could have kept some of them but all we'd really be doing is stalling their career.

;