A Hughes Match

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Dour from both teams and lacking in quality all over the pitch. We really let him drag us down into a bitty battle and then they beat us with experience at insipid football. Lucky to get the point in the end but they all count.

We were dire and Southampton are a terrible team.
Agree with the comments about International players looking a bit jaded,Brooks,Fraser,King all a little off the pace.
Saints had a good couple of chances to snatch it near the end.
One to forget,focus on Fulham now.

...I suppose it is up to us to break teams down...maybe some players were a tad jaded, we mustn't forget that they are relatively young and to come back into the game (especially as it was a derby match!)...was not going to be ideal...

anyway happy days we haven't lost any ground on Chelsea!

We looked tired, no surprise with so many key players on International duty.

That said Hughes did his best to suck the football out of that match.

Are you being sarcastic? I think we had the fewest players on international duty in the Premier League.

I wonder how many lifetimes have been wasted watching Mark Hughes' poor excuse for football.

Are you being sarcastic? I think we had the fewest players on international duty in the Premier League.

Cook / Ake / Brooks and King ? ..all looked off the pace...even Ake was hanging (still had a great game ) when Eddie shoved him up the pitch towards the end. Brooks got kicked all over the place the other night as did King. The tempo wasn;t there, something up with the wee man as well, has looked a yard short for a few weeks. Did Lerma fly out, I know he didnt make the squad in the last friendly ..not sure ?

I don't want to be accused of fawning over the Saints by red_house, but Hughes has destroyed what traditionally has been a good footballing team.

I don't want to be accused of fawning over the Saints by red_house, but Hughes has destroyed what traditionally has been a good footballing team.

The only person who fawns over them is some poster called horndean exile....;)

They are in a slow Swansea style decline, Hughes is simply making the pain last longer...

;