A Hughes Match

The only person who fawns over them is some poster called horndean exile....;)

They are in a slow Swansea style decline, Hughes is simply making the pain last longer...
Mark Hughes said they'd had 2 weeks to prepare for the match (of course) - I think they nullified us. According to somebody on local radio who watches Saints regularly - poor chap (can't remember who it was) - he reckoned that was the best they'd played this season. Imagine that!

Mark Hughes said they'd had 2 weeks to prepare for the match (of course) - I think they nullified us. According to somebody on local radio who watches Saints regularly - poor chap (can't remember who it was) - he reckoned that was the best they'd played this season. Imagine that!

Blimey. Imagine watching that every week, especially if that was as good as it gets.

"Mark Hughes said his team made a statement with their performance in the goalless draw at Bournemouth."

Auckland Jim wrote.....
The only statement should have been "everyone just look forward to the Championship as I don't know how to keep Saints up"

Yes it was a boring game but at least we know we can play much better. Imagine watching that lot every week especially if according to Merrington on Solent that’s the best they’ve played all season!

Dull game. But consider - were we actually well countered? Their strike force, well, just isn't, thank God, as that seemed to be their plan. Pull us into a scrap and hope for some luck in front of goal from wide positions. I thought we were blunted and our key players were shackled by a well organised defensive midfield.

Still living off the past and their really hard Inside Crew from the eighties bless. Their run out tune should be “Time Warp”.

Loved seeing Hughes actually tell a player to slow down when he went to get the ball for a free kick near the end. Player not too impressed.

Does anyone know if those poor Saints fans managed to get out of Bournemouth after a three hour struggle? ;-) You wouldn't have thought Sat Navs would have been necessary but...

did anyone hear hughes' pre match comments on solent? he basically said we were lucky to be where are in the table!

willo nearly fell out of his rocking chair - kris temple laughed at his comments

did anyone hear hughes' pre match comments on solent? he basically said we were lucky to be where are in the table!

willo nearly fell out of his rocking chair - kris temple laughed at his comments

Blimey really? He really is pathetic. Hopefully he will hold on to this job for the rest of the season and then this can be his last job in football. I’d hate to see another club have to suffer his existence.

In his post match comments he (MH) was very proud of the fact that Soton had succeeded in breaking up Cherries attacking fluidity as he had intended. Steve Cook also commented that Cherries were 'out of sync' after international break - which is very much as I saw it.

Really does show how far we are above them these days and how far we have come....that Hughes whole plan was how to stop us from playing, rather than come here full of confidence as this massive super power club! We played below par, they apparently played their best game of the season....their best couldn't beat our 'worst'.

Times have changed the last couple of years with us and them....most of their fans know it too.

And if Hughes really thinks we are lucky to be sixth....maybe that again shows how useless his own talents and team are....that he can't be that lucky to win games!

[QUOTE .................. According to somebody on local radio who watches Saints regularly - poor chap (can't remember who it was) - he reckoned that was the best they'd played this season. Imagine that![/QUOTE]

That was Merrington. Regularly talks rubbish

All I can say is that Saints keep Mark Hughes for the rest of the season, I'll then know they are in safe hands...

;