Votes: 4 10.3%
  • trying

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • both

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

drd

Star Player
my vote is option 3. I wouldn't mind if they were just **************** but the lack of effort is unforgiveable IMO

I wouldn't go as far as not trying, however, it is clear there is a huge lack of leadership and possibly football intelligence during the game.

We can play nice stuff and they are clearly talented but there are no partnerships anywhere on the pitch, there is no balance within the team and when it comes to confidence, we seem either to refuse to try and beat a man or if we do, then have to go on and try and beat the whole team - what happened to beat a man, create space, pass to a teammate and move into the next pocket of space?

We look very solid and half decent up until the final third and then nothing. I appreciate we have injuries and sold Wilson/King but we are desperately lacking up top and width.

Today Smith was our main attacking threat, we need to go back to 4 4 2 ASAP.

I hope whoever comes in addresses our shortfall going forward. Bring back Richard O'Kelly :)

Think it is a combination of both. Genuinely not seen anything from Mepham to suggest that he is good enough to play above league 1, what outstanding attribute as a centre back is he supposed to have exactly? Kelly can be class in moments but look completely out of his depth in others, quite frankly don’t know what to make of him. We have many midfielders who cost tens of millions of pounds combined but seem very little to suggest that they are any more than decent championship midfielders at best. The only player we have who is actually too good for this level is Stanislas, the rest of them think they are but are sorely mistaken.

Sorry Rob. I have generally been pretty rose tinted, even last season but is there genuinely anything about this 'team' and I use the term loosely, that you like?
Ignore him. You post anything remotely resembling a negative opinion on this forum and you get people like him jumping on his high horse and trying to make out that they are above you.

Ignore him. You post anything remotely resembling a negative opinion on this forum and you get people like him jumping on his high horse and trying to make out that they are above you.
Is that your best shot? I see things very differently from you thank goodness.

Well, I thought we were playing well, and looked to be in control until Mephams stupid pass. So I don't think its all good or all bad.
We weren't playing well Rob just a lot of pretty passing between our army of midfielders.....we set up not to lose.

I wouldn't go as far as not trying, however, it is clear there is a huge lack of leadership and possibly football intelligence during the game.

We can play nice stuff and they are clearly talented but there are no partnerships anywhere on the pitch, there is no balance within the team and when it comes to confidence, we seem either to refuse to try and beat a man or if we do, then have to go on and try and beat the whole team - what happened to beat a man, create space, pass to a teammate and move into the next pocket of space?

We look very solid and half decent up until the final third and then nothing. I appreciate we have injuries and sold Wilson/King but we are desperately lacking up top and width.

Today Smith was our main attacking threat, we need to go back to 4 4 2 ASAP.

I hope whoever comes in addresses our shortfall going forward. Bring back Richard O'Kelly :)

Doesn't it say something when in Cookie's absence the captain's armband goes to Begovic in goal who is hardly going to influence the other ten on the pitch from his position between the sticks. He may be the senior player in the team but seems to have a quiet personality.

Last edited:
The only player we have who is actually too good for this level is Stanislas, the rest of them think they are but are sorely mistaken.
he needs to try and drive more at defenders not run at them cut back step on the ball 5 times then look to move forward again by the time this has happened the defense is all set up, the same can be said for most of the team though

;