A terrible performance across the board.

kirsikka

UTC Legend
That was a painful watch. If I was a neutral I'd wonder how on earth we have 38 points as we looked like relegation fodder out there today. So many things to concern me I don't know where to start.

- Sloppy passing. Not from one individual, it seems to has spread like the Norovirus across the whole team. Similar messy outcome to watch them try to clean up afterwards.

- Begovic. I said earlier this week I thought he would still be here next season. I think he's done everything he can to try and change that today.

- Not just the passing but there was a litany of individual mistakes across the whole team.

- Inability to clear our lines. We either hoofed it up which they loved or gave the ball back to them. Where were the fast and pacy breakaways? Actually, there were a couple but we usually then messed up the pass before we got into a dangerous area.

- Fight, or lack of it. We were bullied off the ball so many times it was like watching a school match between two teams three year groups apart. There's no excuse for that to happen so many times.

- Finishing. On those occasions where we did pass it around with a bit of intent Burnley looked very vulnerable. Almost un-Dyche like in their poor defensive organisation. A fully functioning AFCB would have torn them to pieces today. Instead, on those rare occasions when we did see something created the finishing attempts were woeful.

I could go on but it would be quicker to just summarise it as abysmal.

I'm trying to think of someone who can hold their head high and say at least they played well but if I'm honest I can't. Burnley will say they performed brilliantly but that's easy to do when not even one single individual steps up from the opposition.

The best you can say about whoever gets MotM for us today was they were nearly adequate. Not quite but nearly. Not too sure who that might be though.

I'm starting to hope that 38 points is enough to keep us up as if we play like that in every game between now and the end of the season we might finish on that.

Yep spot on Kirsikka....we started playing like relegation fodder against Man City and we've carried on in that vein since.

We really didn't step up at all. First few minutes we looked ok but after their first goal it was painful to watch. Really really disappointing.

Embarrassing.

Brooks at times was our deepest defensive player today.

We ended up with zero central midfielders on the pitch.

Boruc dropped for Begovic.

Wilson missing sitters.

Rico looking very little like a footballer.

Gosling ..... where do we start.

Dyche outsmarts Howe again.

We are very very lucky to have started the season well otherwise we would be in the mire.

Things need to change.

I think Smith and Ake are reasonable shouts at MOM for average performances..

Begovic should never really have gotten his place back, then should have been dropped for the mess he made last week. I hope we will see the back of him now.

Clyne and Mepham both looked physically unable to compete with Burnely today.

Gosling very sloppy.

I thought that the combination of Lerma and Gosling gives us problems because they lack creativity between them, but Brooks and Stanislav didn't exactly provide anything even remotely creative from the same positions. Albeit, seemed like madness to move Brooks (the only player creating anything) to a defensive midfield role.

Fraser. Was he playing?

Wilson. See all comments from most posters for the past several weeks.

Embarrassing.

Wilson missing sitters.

We are very very lucky to have started the season well otherwise we would be in the mire.

Things need to change.

Say what you like about the old guard but franno, cook and Daniels would have been geeing up the side in the second half. We just surrendered.

Just posted this on the game thread but I think it fits better here.

We looked like our old selves for the first 10 minutes. Then, two flubs by Bego and Mepham and the compete level went down to zero. I have seen this behaviour before, mostly in hockey. The conjecture is often that the manager has "lost the room". Very little concentration and will. The passing ... omg! The TV announcers had a lot to say about us .... mostly in the vein that this was one of the worst home performances they have seen from us. Continue to hope that we can string some good performances together ... just not sure how. Keep going at this pace, and there is a risk that it will infect the start next season. C'mon boys!!

Embarrassing.

Wilson missing sitters.

Things need to change.

Your comment about zero midfield is the reason we go season after season with terrible inconsistency. We have to bring in at least 2 quality CM's in the summer or it will be repeated again and again.

I'd be happy if today we had played more route 1 stuff. Hopefully we could have seen our front players chasing a ball. They did chase at times didn't they? Didn't they?

Embarrassing performance against a side who can’t even play football on the deck.

We ended up trying to play their game and we can’t. Then we tried a hybrid of our game and theirs. That didn’t work either.

We lacked pressing, tackling, shots (again!) and tempo.

Gosling is not good enough at this level. Wants too long on the ball and misplaces too many passes.

Wilson wanted the ball in the perfect position before shooting..

Mepham trying to play out from the back to their player was frustrating, but probably what he’s been told to do.

Ake lacked leadership of the back line.

Begovic shouldn’t have been on the pitch. But having been selected, should have put in a better performance to keep his place. Boruc must start next game.

I think we may have to cash in on some players in the summer.

It was Burnley , you know exactly what to expect before the game kicks off yet we gave away stupid free kicks around the box and out wide which you know are coming in hard and high. We just can't compete with an aerial onslaught we dont have the players. They bullied us, killed time, slowed it down when they liked and sped it up when they liked. They were in total control. They are the masters at gamesmanship. We can't complain about anything Burnley did today because we let them do it ! Eddie was clueless today but let down by some dreadful performances starting in goal and running through the whole team. Some talk of us needing only a couple of players, sorry it needs more than that. Looks like we had players out there who were just not interested in fighting today. Woeful, but hey ho, we can continue our discussions on the need for 25,000 seater stadium.

Quite simply the worst home performance In the PL by a mile, both on and off the pitch. Gutless, clueless and a taste of what could be coming next season unless we get some leadership out there.
How the hell we can end up with Brooks playing right back or centre half in the last 20 minutes is beyond words. Eddie has to take his share of the blame along with the rabble on the pitch. Too many people seem to believe their own publicity and think they are £50m superstars and about to sign for a top 6 side.
It's not often I leave a game in such a foul mood but that was crap.

Fair play to Jordan Clark for asking the question about the keepers, needed asking. Eddie would never admit to much of course but it did sound like he is going to have another think.

Hearing how Bego had this grumble at Eddie.....and that Artur was told he would be number one for the rest of the season....I am still puzzled at the sudden change to Bego. Perhaps it was Eddie's way of saying to Asmir....go on then, show me how good you are.....and now he's made errors in both games that lead to goals, maybe Eddie can now go back and tell Bego he was right to rest him in the first place!

Fair play to Jordan Clark for asking the question about the keepers, needed asking. Eddie would never admit to much of course but it did sound like he is going to have another think.

Hearing how Bego had this grumble at Eddie.....and that Artur was told he would be number one for the rest of the season....I am still puzzled at the sudden change to Bego. Perhaps it was Eddie's way of saying to Asmir....go on then, show me how good you are.....and now he's made errors in both games that lead to goals, maybe Eddie can now go back and tell Bego he was right to rest him in the first place!

Begovic has proved Eddie was right to drop him and can’t be considered no 1 next season. Over to boruc up prove his value next week

;