A United story for you

simonhpieman

Star Player
On the back of our excellent win yesterday, I was reminded of a trip to Dublin on the day we beat Manure in our first season.

I'd been at Chelsea the previous week and having enjoyed the tour of St James' gate in the morning, I wobbled my way down the cobbles of Temple Bar and settled into a pub to watch the game.

We all know how it went and at full time I leapt to my feet with joy, as did a couple of other lads to my right. These 2 chaps were also accompanied by a dejected pal who'd remained seated.

"WHAT A RESULT!" I exclaimed, elated with our heroics and excited to share it miles from home with some other Cherries. "Where abouts in Bournemouth are you from?!"

"Kinson," they replied.

"Brilliant, I'm Ensbury Park." I turned to their dejected friend, whose United shirt I could just see peering out from under his coat. "And whereabouts in Manchester are you from, pal?"

Without a word he stormed out of the pub in a huff as his mates fell about in hysterics, one of them even questioning the other if he'd put me up to it. No need, lads, happy to oblige. :lol:

;