A Very Salty Thread

NWCherries98

Fans' Favourite
*WARNING* Extreme saltiness incoming.

If only Sheffield United's equaliser had been correctly given as handball.
If only Gosling didn't piss off all of the refs before Burnley
If only Cookie hadn't handballed it vs Norwich
If only we didn't completely sh*t the bed against 10 man for 80 minutes Palace.
If only Wilson had just left Surridge's header against stains
If only Wilson had been a bit more clinical in *insert disappointingly narrow loss here*
If only the handball law was correctly applied in *insert bullshit game here*
If only Hawkeye wasn't turned off for no reason whatsoever
If only VAR offsides weren't decided with a line thicker than the distance of the actual infringement.
If only we didn't have: Smith, Stacey, Kelly, Daniels, Mepham, Ake, Francis, Gosling, Brooks, Stanislas, Danjuma, King, Wilson all out injured at various points over the season.
If only the greatest squad we've ever had, by far, had played even half as well as they know they could against teams like Norwich, Watford, Brighton and West Ham.
If only COVID didn't bring our momentum to a screeching halt, preventing home fans from being able to make a difference and ruining the season for everyone involved.

I know we "DESERVE" it overall...but I still think this squad should've been fighting for a top 10 finish. So many nearly moments, so many bullshit decisions, so much bad luck and, most importantly of all, too many unrelentingly, unnecessarily shite performances. Villa are such a s*** team, and the fact they've somehow managed to stay up at our expense is a real slap in the face.

*WARNING* Extreme saltiness incoming.

If only Wilson had been a bit more clinical in *insert disappointingly narrow loss here*
If only VAR offsides weren't decided with a line thicker than the distance of the actual infringement.
If only we didn't have: Smith, Stacey, Kelly, Daniels, Mepham, Ake, Francis, Gosling, Brooks, Stanislas, Danjuma, King, Wilson all out injured at various points over the season.
If only the greatest squad we've ever had, by far, had played even half as well as they know they could against teams like Norwich, Watford, Brighton and West Ham.
If only COVID didn't bring our momentum to a screeching halt, preventing home fans from being able to make a difference and ruining the season for everyone involved.

I know we "DESERVE" it overall...but I still think this squad should've been fighting for a top 10 finish. So many nearly moments, so many bullshit decisions, so much bad luck and, most importantly of all, too many unrelentingly, unnecessarily shite performances. Villa are such a s*** team, and the fact they've somehow managed to stay up at our expense is a real slap in the face.
We beat Villa twice while having our worst year. Hurts that.

We beat Chelsea, Saints, Villa and Everton away.
Beat United, Leicester and Everton at home, drew with Spurs. Narrowly lost at City and Liverpool and City 2-1. Also beat Brighton and Villa at home which were the only wins against teams near us. Dropped copious amount of points against mid/lower table dross and VAR.

The justice table has us at 16th so even with all our injuries and the terrible performances there were still 4 teams worse than us.

Those pushing the "deserved" narrative lack the intelligence to understand or the strength of will to accept it ...or both.

The justice table has us at 16th so even with all our injuries and the terrible performances there were still 4 teams worse than us.

Those pushing the "deserved" narrative lack the intelligence to understand or the strength of will to accept it ...or both.

We were utter shite for about 35 games. We do deserve it. When you're not playing well, you don't get any luck. When you're playing well, everything goes your way, e.g. Stans free kick at City that hits the post then the back of the keepers head, that goes in for an O.G. when you're playing well.

I'm not salty at all, but that might change if we do end up losing Eddie as I think it's as simple as that as to whether we finish top 6 or are in another relegation battle.

Still for me that game against Burnley .
Smiths shoulder up to Wilson to score. Disallowed and they get the pen and score
Go from potentially 1-1 to 2-0 on a heartbeat.

Burnley at home for me too. Atrocious game in awful conditions. Neither team look like scoring in a millennia and then the ball hits Jay Rodriguez on the face and bounces in.

Burnley at home for me too. Atrocious game in awful conditions. Neither team look like scoring in a millennia and then the ball hits Jay Rodriguez on the face and bounces in.
It actually hit him on the arm in the same place as our disallowed goal at Burnley and the Adam Smith penalty.

Reactions: drd
It bounced in off his shoulder / upper arm, the same area that saw us have goals disallowed and penalties given against us through the season, not least up at Burnley ironically.
Sheff Utd's equaliser was a carbon copy also. Again, it goes against us but doesn't go for us.

We could also say that we have a dubious number of penalties awarded to us during the Championship winning season, that would never have been given under VAR. And then we would not have been in the Premier.

So the point of this thread is what?

The biggest what ifs are

if only Eddie

a)_had retained a fresh mentality instead of letting it become stale and tired,

b) had not been taken in by agent conmen selling players to him way above their actual worth.

We could also say that we have a dubious number of penalties awarded to us during the Championship winning season, that would never have been given under VAR. And then we would not have been in the Premier.

So the point of this thread is what?

The biggest what ifs are

if only Eddie

a)_had retained a fresh mentality instead of letting it become stale and tired,

b) had not been taken in by agent conmen selling players to him way above their actual worth.

Salty about others being salty. Gone a bit Matrix I think.

This thread is about getting it all out. It's good for you, try it.

We were utter shite for about 35 games. We do deserve it. When you're not playing well, you don't get any luck. When you're playing well, everything goes your way, e.g. Stans free kick at City that hits the post then the back of the keepers head, that goes in for an O.G. when you're playing well.

I'm not salty at all, but that might change if we do end up losing Eddie as I think it's as simple as that as to whether we finish top 6 or are in another relegation battle.

...or just maybe you change your opinion on whether we played well or not based on the result and justify fluky goals/decisions either way as 'making your own luck'.

Assuming that we won the 3 games you thought we weren't 'utter shite' in because that's how you work out the quality of performance. It still means we wont 6 and drew 7 games while playing 'utter shite'

Facts remain 4 teams were worse so a quarter of the league 'deserve' to be relegated. :cautious:

We lost games for One reason alone... we were not good enough to win them....why?
Simple...if they score 1 ...you have to score 2.
To get to that in any league.....there must be blood and guts Desire...
....you cannot argue with that....we fell short on that..... one of our players even ' came out' about his non- effort for the team.
I expected him to 'come out' about something quite different...so that shocked me.

...the team spirit was cracked by how Eddie struggled to deal with Arter's want to get away, the big ego personalities like Begovic, his inability to control Ibe and keep him on track, mis-judging Fraser's commitment to the team when he wanted away, not sorting Josh King out and his sulk about not getting his dream move, being unable to keep Lerma's bite at the same time as tempering his on field yellow cards, and the alarming drop in form of Callum who still got picked ahead of a hungry Surridge...

All these things would be a challenge to any manager let one who is a demi god at AFCB..

Yes I know it is probably easy to unpick a dismal season and I wouldn't know what to do in these situations either...but then I am just a chef!

The cards were stacking up against our manager and maybe someone at the club should have realised this and given him some support and advice?

We lost games for One reason alone... we were not good enough to win them....why?
Simple...if they score 1 ...you have to score 2.
To get to that in any league.....there must be blood and guts Desire...
....you cannot argue with that....we fell short on that..... one of our players even ' came out' about his non- effort for the team.
I expected him to 'come out' about something quite different...so that shocked me.

What if they score 1 and you score 2 but they're incorrectly ruled out?

and more relevant than all the above put together:

If only the manager had understood that if you play most games, even at home against weak opposition, with effectively one isolated striker, you'll never build sustained pressure. Instead you'll concede possession and play for long periods in your own half.

However if you take the game to your opponents by giving your main striker close support, throwing men into the box at every opportunity and getting crosses in, you'll create chances, as evidenced yesterday and at Man City (a) and Leics (h) second half.

;