Aaron Ramsdale coming home?

Hmmm....on the one hand "never go back" but on the other hand, a player who is good enough that Arsenal have used him from time to time, in a position where we need strengthening, and a player we know - at the right price, is probably not to be sniffed at, for a club like ours.

We'll have to wait for him to go on holiday before we can make the deal with his agent though. You know. That's how it works, right ?

More than happy to have him back but surely he'll see it as a backward step......they'll be other clubs interested.

Apparently on £120k/week at Arsenal. We won't pay anything like that, nor should we. Then add in the circa £30m fee, plus the need to then get Neto off the books and, more than likely, also sell Travers.

I can't make the numbers add up.

Last edited:
Would love it but sadly I agree with other posters it’s probably never going to happen. We can’t pay what he’d be asking.

Apparently on £120k/week at Arsenal. We won't pay anything like that, nor should we. Then add in the circa £30m fee, plus the need to then get Neto off the books and, more than likely, also sell Travers.

One of those would have to be back up. I can’t see it being Radu or Randolph.

If, he wants first team football and to stay in England, the options are limited.

My uncle walks his dog and cuts his hedge.

He's signed a 4 year contract and Arsenal are going to sign Dango as his replacement, due to his diversity and leaping ability.

One of those would have to be back up. I can’t see it being Radu or Randolph.

If, he wants first team football and to stay in England, the options are limited.

Can't see us paying two high earner salaries for keepers as one will always be wasted.

As for Travers... lost out in that preseason keeper shootout to Ramsdale under EH. Then sat and waited whilst Begovic was brought back in. Finally got to be first choice for a season as we get promoted only for us to replace him with Neto. Nigh on two seasons later wins his place back... only for us to sign Ramsdale and again make him backup. I can't see him being content to accept that. He'll probably feel he's constantly being overlooked here and needs to move on to kickstart his career.

Can't see us paying two high earner salaries for keepers as one will always be wasted.

As for Travers... lost out in that preseason keeper shootout to Ramsdale under EH. Then sat and waited whilst Begovic was brought back in. Finally got to be first choice for a season as we get promoted only for us to replace him with Neto. Nigh on two seasons later wins his place back... only for us to sign Ramsdale and again make him backup. I can't see him being content to accept that. He'll probably feel he's constantly being overlooked here and needs to move on to kickstart his career.
Fair points. Factor in his age, and it’s really time for him to establish himself as a number one somewhere.

Just as we targeted Onana on his near post, Travers is now also getting targeted at the same point.

Thomas Frank and Brentford had highlighted his weakness, and ultimately won because of it.

Who knows what Foley is willing to pay. We. Had Wilson on 100k under Demin.

Wouldn’t spend it on Ramsdale as don’t think he’s actually that good.

;