Aaron Ramsdale

With goalkeepers of that age....surely the main thing affecting their performances is..Experience! I think we can all get a bit carried away with the 'coaching' nonsense applied to managers and people on the staff.... A player has his own brain with him when he takes the field of play! ...All the friggin Hoo Ha about Mourihnos 'coaching' ..most of his career he has had players who had skills beyond the need for it! And..has Ole Gunnar ' coached ' Pogba since he took over?
NO...it's about psychology with todays players...attitudes/ distraction etc.
Back to Eddie at DC......Ibe - Coaching? Brains ? Attitude? Or just plain Patience on the part of Eddie. Eddie himself...surely it's more on psychology than coaching with his success ..or at least a combination of those attributes.
Another angle on coaching...unlike in say 1960 when I started watching football....players can watch mega amounts of film online to get as much ' homework ' as they want regarding skills and application!
Back to goalkeepers...they too have to 'fit' the style of play to some extent......so maybe Moss is a coach who ' fits' Eddies strategy!

That's rubbish!

If experience was your only teacher you'd still be banging rocks together to try and set wood on fire. Players do have brain but they benefit from managers who pass on knowledge and coach them to be better.

You learn and get better on the experiences of previous generations. As an older chap I thought you'd appreciate that.

Yeah there's some basic coaching stuff online but you honestly think a 21 year old is able to be up to speed with cutting edge tactics and the latest training methods by watching YouTube?

Eddie is a coach at heart, perhaps more so than any manager I can think of. I believe him to be the type of manager who trains players to overcome problems for themselves. I imagine Ibe is a frustration for Eddie, his team mates and himself, so naturally talented and by all accounts with the right mentality just can't seem to turn it into performances.

I can't follow the bit about Moss sorry!

So studying Messi, Modric or Best on film is a waste of time...with regard to ball control, timing, to pass or not to pass etc. Ok dismiss that then... along with anything else other than the current ' in vogue ' ideas ...of immortalising Mourinho and his like!
Not much seems to be working with Ibe so far...it must be something outside of coaching?
If the whole of my post is ' rubbish'.....I must have clearly lost the plot.....but I'm quite confident of 80 % of my reckoning!
As for Moss...I'm only guessing....I don't think any of us has enough insight on what that's about! He seems to get plenty of stick on here!

Sat amongst the faithful on Wednesday at Arsenal was young Ramsdale currently on loan at Wimbledon. With Artur coming up to 40 and personally having no faith in Begvic is next season too soon for Ramsdale to be between the posts?

I also wonder if he will give any feedback on the comments on Ibe's performance?

.only my opinion....but have seen Ramsdale a few times (granted only on Tv )
But he is nowhere near being a Premier league keeper.

Would agree with Ted, he's doing very very well at the minute, and I'd be more than happy with him being on the bench next season, but I think the number one shirt is still slightly beyond him

...there are a few good PL standard GK's tucked away in the other teams squads that would be looking for regular first team action IMO..

Pope (Burnley)
Forster (Southampton)
Vorm (Tottenham)
Caballero (Chelsea)
Gomes (Watford)

...there are a few good PL standard GK's tucked away in the other teams squads that would be looking for regular first team action IMO..

Pope (Burnley)
Forster (Southampton)
Vorm (Tottenham)
Caballero (Chelsea)
Gomes (Watford)

Are any of these a better option than Bego? Pope maybe, but how old is Gomes, Vorm has had some dodgy moments when he has played, Forster is 3rd choice at Saints, Willy at Chelsea will they let him go we took their last 2nd choice keeper

Are any of these a better option than Bego? Pope maybe, but how old is Gomes, Vorm has had some dodgy moments when he has played, Forster is 3rd choice at Saints, Willy at Chelsea will they let him go we took their last 2nd choice keeper
...get your point but, I do reckon that Bego will wish to move so we will be in need, all those I have mentioned have had international experience so might be worth the ris, obviously I would pick Nick Pope from those I suggested.

Pope might or might not have been a flash in the pan, Gomes is retiring this summer, the other three I don;t really rate in truth

Shame we didn't get Foster from West Brom, he's been superb at Watford, he always looked good for WBA against us too.
Still think Bego could make a come back, I thought he was ok most of this season. A 40 year old Artur next year is going to be the answer

Watched a bit of Wimbledon in FA Cup, Ramsdale looked OK, no huge saves, but brave coming off his line and has a strong leg.
Of the others, only Pope struck me as being viable and likely available.

Watched a bit of Wimbledon in FA Cup, Ramsdale looked OK, no huge saves, but brave coming off his line and has a strong leg.
Of the others, only Pope struck me as being viable and likely available.

I don't think Pope will be available - I would have thought they were more likely to bin Hart.

;