Aaron Ramsdale

I agree. Although should next seasons 1st choice keeper get injured early on, Is he ready to take on a run of games straight away?

It’d be a difficult ask for the lad as he’s had no time to get to know his defenders and vice versa. Of course, the only way to get that is to play so let’s get him back and give him a full pre-season with the first team.

Eddie watched him on Tuesday, presumably to see if he could feature for us next season

Excellent news. Sometimes you just have to take the risk with some of these young players. It looks like things are naturally falling into place for him to make the step up, especially with Begovic seemingly off.

Only a few miles up the road from where our next opponents were playing too, does that show where his priorities are?

That was my first thought as well, but I suppose with the extensive footage they'll have access to from PL games, they don't really need to be at games any more. It wouldn't be the same level from League 1 so perhaps that featured in his decision making.

That was my first thought as well, but I suppose with the extensive footage they'll have access to from PL games, they don't really need to be at games any more. It wouldn't be the same level from League 1 so perhaps that featured in his decision making.

The truth is that sorting our keeper situation for next year IS more important than getting a result on Saturday for the club. Unfortunately for any fans who have ever watched us at St Marys our performances have always come across as not very important to players and management.

Excellent. They adore him there. I wonder if we have a Championship loan in mind for him next or a spot in our three keepers. Happy with either but might do him good to be around for a bit after two successful loans.

They were reported to be showing interest earlier in summer as well, so I'd guess this actually has some truth to it, good level, as long as he gets the pitch time

Last edited:
I would have thought it would be the other way around and Travers going out?

I would rank Ramsdale ahead of Travers at this point, if that's what you mean. For that reason, and having emergency recalls for keepers, then I reckon it's far more important for Ramsdale to be getting minutes at this stage in his career, especially if he's going to be number one next year

Of course in an ideal world, they both go out and develop, and Begovic picks his toys up, apologises to the boss, and realises he's behind Artur, or buggers off to Stoke as makeweight in a Butland deal

Ooooh a Ramsdale / Mahoney reunion :toot:
Ramsdale made a name for himself in League One with AFCW so it makes sense for him to be tested at the next level. If the Millwall fans start singing his praises too then I would imagine he won't be far off being good enough to be our number one the following season. In an injury crisis he could still be recalled so I think this would be a good move both for him and for us. As CB said, better for him to be playing regularly at a lower level than have him picking splinters out of his butt here.

;