Aaron Ramsdale

Sheffield's defensive record this season so far is not quite twice as bad as it was for the whole of last season - 1.75 goals per game conceded instead of one per game. Where they are really going wrong is goals for - last season they scored the same number as they conceded - one per game - but so far this season they have only scored five in twelve games - less than half a goal per game. This is what will get them relegated if they can't improve on it, which seems unlikely when they are already in a bad place for confidence and when they only managed a goal a game in a complete season when they played pretty well. It seems a bit unfair to blame Rambo when clearly the whole team is underperforming compared to last year.

Reactions: rgb
Anyone know what happened to the chap who used to come on here and defend Ramsdale every time a free kick whistled by him.....Albinonick i think he was called used to get quite upset if there was any hint of criticism ....literally talked about nothing else other than Ramsdale........a relative/Agent perhaps?

Anyone know what happened to the chap who used to come on here and defend Ramsdale every time a free kick whistled by him.....Albinonick i think he was called used to get quite upset if there was any hint of criticism ....literally talked about nothing else other than Ramsdale........a relative/Agent perhaps?
Yes, I saw him today being interviewed by BBC Sport.

Apparently his name is Chris Wilder.

I personally though Rambo was good for us last season. Let's face it the team in front of him struggled. Sheff. Utd appear to be much worse at the moment.

As at this time, United look doomed, who would want a transfer there with Wilder in charge in January? If only Burnley would go down with them.

I'm sure we'll never know the full circumstances of Rambo's leaving but I'm sure we'd all be happy to move to a new job for more money and not having a demotion.
Probably hypocritical that he didn't know 'anything' about the transfer in this day and age.

And here we are, Bego has found his mojo again, at the moment. Funny old game.

Reactions: drd
I personally though Rambo was good for us last season. Let's face it the team in front of him struggled. Sheff. Utd appear to be much worse at the moment.

As at this time, United look doomed, who would want a transfer there with Wilder in charge in January? If only Burnley would go down with them.

I'm sure we'll never know the full circumstances of Rambo's leaving but I'm sure we'd all be happy to move to a new job for more money and not having a demotion.
Probably hypocritical that he didn't know 'anything' about the transfer in this day and age.

And here we are, Bego has found his mojo again, at the moment. Funny old game.

I am in a rare place tonight - I want Arsenal to win - keep Burnley in the bottom 3!

This is what he was quoted as saying to Sky News:

"I believe there was interest from elsewhere but to be honest I was out of the loop for most of the time," Ramsdale told Sky Sports.

"I went on holiday, things developed and I actually found out on the plane home that the fee had been accepted, so I didn't have many conversations with management at Bournemouth or me pushing anything, it sort of just happened.

"When Chris Wilder and his coaching staff wanted me, that was a big thing for me and that they wanted to pay that money for me was a huge boost.
"It shows that you're wanted and there's no better feeling than feeling loved at a football club."

Two things:

o I was once told that when someone says something on the lines of “I’ll be honest with you” they are usually lying. Since then I have looked out for that and generally found it to be true

o It will be interesting to see whether there’s no better feeling than being loved at a football club when Sheffield United are relegated.
Most people switch their fone to aeroplane mode as requested.

Sheff United's next 3 games include Brighton and Burnley just above the drop zone. Defeats there, and they're already needing snookers before new year.
To only have the solitary point so far is truly shocking. I suppose it’s a talent of sorts because surely after all those games that can’t be easy ?

Apparently that's the worst start in the top flight since 1888.

Whereas a couple of games ago I was saying they weren't yet totally cut adrift the other teams eking out points here and there are now starting to leave them behind. 9 or 10 points to safety depending how Burnley get on with their game in hand.

Still not down but it's looking pretty grim.

;