Aaron Ramsdale

I haven’t watched as much as previous years, but this seasons Prem does seem the worse ever?! I think last years AFCB team would’ve stayed up comfortably
There's a certain dichotomy here, as it should be in our interests for the three weakest sides to avoid relegation so that next year one would hope we can get promoted and immediately find ourselves with 3 teams as cannon fodder. A clear out this year of dross and improving hammers, villa, and saints doesn't help.

There's a certain dichotomy here, as it should be in our interests for the three weakest sides to avoid relegation so that next year one would hope we can get promoted and immediately find ourselves with 3 teams as cannon fodder. A clear out this year of dross and improving hammers, villa, and saints doesn't help.

I agree.....'IF' we get promoted, we would have to be dislodging the likes of Burnley and Brighton. Can't see any other club dropping down in the coming 18 months.

Overrated by our fans just as Begovic was underrated.

To be fair I was initially reluctant to believe that Begovic was as bad as was suggested but a slew of independent analysis all but proved him to be the worst-performing 'keeper in the league by a huge margin.

Rambo was probably hyped up because he presented a real improvement and was the first promising young 'keeper who looked like he'd keep the number 1 shirt for a while.

Did you ever overrate him last season?
Or big him up as one of our best players?
Asking for a friend.

You can tell your friend that this was my opinion of Ramsdale when it was rumoured people were looking at him. I agreed with Neil believe it or not.

I just don't see why the fans, squad or anyone else needs this sort of statement of intent. If the price is right we should consider it.

I would be the first to admit that I've no real idea about goalkeeping so I'm not the best judge (I think 90% of fans and pundits are the same whether they admit it or not) but I'm just not sure why everyone is convinced Ramsdale is absolutely vital to our chances next season. He did well in his rookie season but was far from the finished article.

As Neil has said there's always loads of keepers. We've got another promising rookie and a decent international who's lost confidence/form on the books. If we can get loads of cash to secure our future or fill more important outfield positions then I'd go for that.

I should say I'd also be happy if he stays.

To be fair I was initially reluctant to believe that Begovic was as bad as was suggested but a slew of independent analysis all but proved him to be the worst-performing 'keeper in the league by a huge margin.

Rambo was probably hyped up because he presented a real improvement and was the first promising young 'keeper who looked like he'd keep the number 1 shirt for a while.

This is fair. Begovic lost confidence and was poor. I always held the view during the summer though that we should give him another go, clearly he's fundamentally a decent keeper but confidence does funny things. Rambo was OK, he'll bounce back from this blip in form. £20m always looked great to me though.

This is fair. Begovic lost confidence and was poor. I always held the view during the summer though that we should give him another go, clearly he's fundamentally a decent keeper but confidence does funny things. Rambo was OK, he'll bounce back from this blip in form. £20m always looked great to me though.

Begovic looks far better than he ever did before. I’m not sure anyone could have foreseen this. I think a big part has been the lack of crowds, he’s found some confidence and his mojo.

But part of the equation heading into the season was also his wages and that was the real reason for him staying. He’s reportedly still on £70,000 a week the same as David Brooks, Lewis Cook and Philip Billing combined.

Begovic looks far better than he ever did before. I’m not sure anyone could have foreseen this. I think a big part has been the lack of crowds, he’s found some confidence and his mojo.

But part of the equation heading into the season was also his wages and that was the real reason for him staying. He’s reportedly still on £70,000 a week the same as David Brooks, Lewis Cook and Philip Billing combined.

Actually lots of us argued that Begovic should be given a chance to show what he can do, partly because we couldn't sell him and he was on massive wages so it's a silly waste of money not to wipe the slate clean.

Many many people were saying he shouldn't play for us again.

Actually lots of us argued that Begovic should be given a chance to show what he can do, partly because we couldn't sell him and he was on massive wages so it's a silly waste of money not to wipe the slate clean.

Many many people were saying he shouldn't play for us again.

There’s one thing saying he should be given a chance and another claiming at the age of 33 he was going to show some of the best form of his career. That’s what couldn’t be foreseen.

Even at his best I still don’t think he offers the same return as Brooks, Lewis Cook and Billing in either performances for the team or transfer return income...

Sheff Utd have had quite a turnaround from their form last season, much like Leicester almost getting relegated the season before they won the league. Funny old game.

Ramsdale should have undoubtedly stayed put but it obviously wasn’t his choice.

There’s one thing saying he should be given a chance and another claiming at the age of 33 he was going to show some of the best form of his career. That’s what couldn’t be foreseen.

Even at his best I still don’t think he offers the same return as Brooks, Lewis Cook and Billing in either performances for the team or transfer return income...

The key part of my point is that we couldn't sell him. Whatever point you make about value for money just adds to my point - people suggesting we should have bought a new keeper, or not sold Ramsdale (as many were at the time) would be wasting the equivalent of Brooks, Cook and Billing's wages and Rambo's £20m.

;