Aaron Ramsdale

Sheff Utd have had quite a turnaround from their form last season, much like Leicester almost getting relegated the season before they won the league. Funny old game.

Ramsdale should have undoubtedly stayed put but it obviously wasn’t his choice.

to be fair sheff Utd were poor in restart and looked a long way off their pre-lockdown performances so this season form isn’t as surprising in some ways (albeit would expect more than one point)

I also thought rambo’s form dipped a bit in restart and, although did have some good games, i did post on this forum whether boruc should return.

Begovic looks far better than he ever did before. I’m not sure anyone could have foreseen this. I think a big part has been the lack of crowds, he’s found some confidence and his mojo.

But part of the equation heading into the season was also his wages and that was the real reason for him staying. He’s reportedly still on £70,000 a week the same as David Brooks, Lewis Cook and Philip Billing combined.

Funny you mention that because I wondered based on previous interviews about not liking fans whether it hinted at a certain mental vulnerability to be influenced by the crowd.

I think with certain players leaving our club in the Summer it opened up chances for others.

In the goalkeeping department I think it was expected that we either brought in another keeper or Mark Travers might get the number 1 jersey.

But Asmir Begovic was thought by JT to be the one to get the first team number 1 jersey.

JT‘s trust in giving him that opportunity again has been repaid so far by good performances by our goalkeeper who seems confident and has certainly made crucial saves for us.

The same can be said for Dominic Solanke being first choice up front for us this season.

Even though he is playing in a league lower his confidence has been repaid with goals and he is our leading goalscorer this season and has also assisted with a number of goals as well.

So those players leaving hasn’t turned out so bad after all as we go into the game at Luton.

oh, is that it? no mention of begovic though?

Other than the bit where I do mention Begovic? He's obviously the "decent international who's lost form and confidence" I mention. Who else do you think I was talking about?

Anyway there's loads of quotes I could provide. This from August in response to Waz saying begovic was shite and had a bad attitude....

This is just knee-jerk nonsense. He definitely lost form but I don't see why youd write him off forever because of that, lots of people go through drops in form. I've no idea what the problem is with his attitude other than he was not happy getting dropped - no sh*t.

Unless we sell him we have to pay his wages regardless. Even more reason to give him a fair go at getting back in the side.

We've not fallen out with the guy like a teenage girls' squabble. It's professional football - bury the hatchet and get on with it.

Reactions: rgb
Other than the bit where I do mention Begovic? He's obviously the "decent international who's lost form and confidence" I mention. Who else do you think I was talking about?

Anyway there's loads of quotes I could provide. This from August in response to Waz saying begovic was shite and had a bad attitude....

ok, well that wasn't on the post you quoted but, hey, never-mind, let's just agree that bego is playing really well at the moment and we can forget about that other bloke....:grinning:

Reactions: rgb
ok, well that wasn't on the post you quoted but, hey, never-mind, let's just agree that bego is playing really well at the moment and we can forget about that other bloke....:grinning:

You must have misread it, in agreement with Neil no less...

"As Neil has said there's always loads of keepers. We've got another promising rookie and a decent international who's lost confidence/form on the books. If we can get loads of cash to secure our future or fill more important outfield positions then I'd go for that."

Yep, delighted with bego so far. The funny thing is though we all know he is suspectible to drops in form so let's just hope he continues with this form.

;