Adam Smith

Praying its not serious.

Imagine if we knew at the start of the season that Ake, Smithy, Brooks and Callum would stay fit all season. Would be amazing.

But he was our best player by a long way on Saturday before he went off

Played better but a few didn’t in comparison. I just felt he has been holding back a bit on the attacking and there was the comparison of his and rico’s Stats! Still one if the first names on team sheet for me and we miss him when he doesn’t play

Very little information on his latest injury from the Crystal Palace game.

I see from his Instagram that he’s in Doha. Isn’t that where David Brooks had his latest ankle surgery?

Coincidence?

a journo on talksport the other day said it was quite a serious one

...we do seem to carry quite a few injury prone players like Stanislas, Adam Smith, Lewis Cook and now more recently Brooks and you possibly could add in Gosling too...does make you wonder why sometimes?

I know that the older members of the squad like Daniels, Francis, and Surman have spent long periods out...plus the two injuries to Callum and we have had an unfair proportion IMO...

Hopefully the likes of Lerma,Billing,H Wilson and Fraser will carry on and avoid such setbacks?

God we have even signed two players one injured from the off in Solanke and one crocked before he has even got his teeth into a game in Kelly...

I have never known a time like it!

Isn’t it pretty much like last season? People were producing injury league tables then and Eddie said they were launching an internal investigation.

Clearly something wrong behind the scenes. Brooks coming back and damaging the same ankle ligaments (or them not fixing) should set massive alarm bells ringing as should the constant muscle strains and hamstring pulls.

No Experienced PL backroom staff or coaches.

Isn’t it pretty much like last season? People were producing injury league tables then and Eddie said they were launching an internal investigation.

Clearly something wrong behind the scenes. Brooks coming back and damaging the same ankle ligaments (or them not fixing) should set massive alarm bells ringing as should the constant muscle strains and hamstring pulls.

I think you'll find that any coach that has been at at PL club for 5 seasons would be considered an experienced PL coach tbf.

I thought someone at the club said that he had avoided the need to have surgery that would keep him out for 10 weeks or something? That to me says 4-6 weeks out

We all know you've no idea what you're talking about. You tried to blame it on our style of play five minutes ago before an avalanche of evidence forced you to admit it was demonstrably bullshit. Why do you consistently try to push these weird angles and prove a point that is unknowable and doesn't really need to be made?

We all know you've no idea what you're talking about. You tried to blame it on our style of play five minutes ago before an avalanche of evidence forced you to admit it was demonstrably bullshit. Why do you consistently try to push these weird angles and prove a point that is unknowable and doesn't really need to be made?

we?

only jim & nina can use that!

Again smith was lumped into the air three times at palace by violent fouls. What’s that got to do with coaching?

Whats Steve cook’s wrist injury got to do with coaching?

Is it a coincidence that three hamstring strains this season (wilson, king and ake) are all players who have been away on international duty so limited break. King actually occurred while playing for Norway.

I think you make valid points and the knee injuries can’t be coincidence but you continually package everything into one neat consistent theme and it’s just wrong.

]

Yes "we" including you, me, Neil and everyone else know that Neil hasn't got the first clue about what goes on behind the scenes and the relative skills of our medical staff compared to the rest of the league. You disagree?

I haven’t got the first clue you are right. It’s called evidence.

Concede Hatfuls of crap goals every year and I say it’s defensive coaching need. You say how can I tell.

Have horrendous injuries every year including many ligament and muscle injuries (more susceptible if not looked after right) and I say it’s something wrong back of house (Eddie launched an enquiry so he must have had similar thoughts as I don’t launch inquiries at work on things I know are fine) and you say how can I tell.

Play the same outdated system week after week and I say there is something wrong with the coaching but you say how can I tell.

I just have a fundamental belief ( as do plenty of others so not sure why you have donned the arrogant ‘we’ hat like you speak for the whole message board most of whom you have pompously told off on one thread or another) that the route of success or failure in a football club starts with the senior management team. I can’t prove that but it’s a pretty well established train of thought all over the world. You on the other hand won’t see anything before you have proof which is your prerogative.

If you come home, your sausage sandwich has gone and the dog is lying under the sofa looking at you with one eye, you could have been burgled Del....... or the dog could have eaten it. Best not make a judgement without cctv heh!

]

I haven’t got the first clue you are right. It’s called evidence.

Concede Hatfuls of crap goals every year and I say it’s defensive coaching need. You say how can I tell.

Have horrendous injuries every year including many ligament and muscle injuries (more susceptible if not looked after right) and I say it’s something wrong back of house (Eddie launched an enquiry so he must have had similar thoughts as I don’t launch inquiries at work on things I know are fine) and you say how can I tell.

Play the same outdated system week after week and I say there is something wrong with the coaching but you say how can I tell.

I just have a fundamental belief ( as do plenty of others so not sure why you have donned the arrogant ‘we’ hat like you speak for the whole message board most of whom you have pompously told off on one thread or another) that the route of success or failure in a football club starts with the senior management team. I can’t prove that but it’s a pretty well established train of thought all over the world. You on the other hand won’t see anything before you have proof which is your prerogative.

If you come home, your sausage sandwich has gone and the dog is lying under the sofa looking at you with one eye, you could have been burgled Del....... or the dog could have eaten it. Best not make a judgement without cctv heh!

I didn't read all of that because my point was simple. You've no idea about our medical staff and what is causing our injuries.

;