Diego Rico

Best of luck to the bloke but the Spanish press are saying he's keen to go home hence the Interest from these Spanish clubs who are poking around. That's hardly ideal under the circumstances when he's looking to cement a place and commit to the club so I wonder exactly how that got out ? Agent kiting him about, genuinely unhappy here or is it the classic case of the press Interpreting stuff to suit an agenda. The truth is that he looks like a square peg in a round hole and if I'm going to be honest always has done. That said he must be doing something right in training or Eddie wouldn't pick him but its all looking a bit Jordon Ibe despite Eddie saying in June he needs a run of matches..

Yes.

I suppose the difference is the others have all been phenomenal for the most part. I always think that if Rico played a game like a Charlie Daniels average game we would all be raving about him.

We bumped into his family and him once by the beach and they are the nicest people who made huge time for our kids. I couldn’t want someone to succeed more on the back of that....spurious though it is! Every time he sets foot on the pitch I will him to do well but he just can’t get on the teams wavelength and never looks sure where he should be and gets constant bench and team instruction. For a guy that nailed top flight in Spain it just doesn’t add up but I’d take the cash if we are offered close to what we paid, sadly.
You bumped into him,well if he couldn't get round you mate I don't fancy him getting past Bernardo Silva

Admittedly only know this due to his social media, but always a worry when a player seems content to just live in a hotel rather than trying to settle into the area.

Do those La Liga clubs have the money to tempt AFCB? With the numbers that have flown around this summer, I didn't know if La Liga could even play in that sandbox.

I think there was a new TV deal in Spain, and this Summer has been La Liga biggest spending window ever, over a billion euros spent, so they have the money

I don't think Eddie will sell though, not right now. It would be a huge admission that he was wrong about him, especially right after starting him first game

I think there was a new TV deal in Spain, and this Summer has been La Liga biggest spending window ever, over a billion euros spent, so they have the money

I don't think Eddie will sell though, not right now. It would be a huge admission that he was wrong about him, especially right after starting him first game
How much of that was spent by the top 5 clubs though?

Probably a lot seeing as Spanish clubs can sell their own TV rights, and I guess Hazard was a big old chunk of change, but still it seems there is some cash doing the rounds in Spain at the minute. At least enough to think that they could make reasonable offers. However the timing makes me think that they are looking for cheap. A lot of continental clubs will wait until English window closes so they aren't competing with English clubs who can all vastly outspend them

Yes.

I suppose the difference is the others have all been phenomenal for the most part. I always think that if Rico played a game like a Charlie Daniels average game we would all be raving about him.

We bumped into his family and him once by the beach and they are the nicest people who made huge time for our kids. I couldn’t want someone to succeed more on the back of that....spurious though it is! Every time he sets foot on the pitch I will him to do well but he just can’t get on the teams wavelength and never looks sure where he should be and gets constant bench and team instruction. For a guy that nailed top flight in Spain it just doesn’t add up but I’d take the cash if we are offered close to what we paid, sadly.

I have to admit that I don't think he's any worse than Daniels. An "average game" for Charlie Daniels over the past year was a long way short of his average from say 3 years ago.

I see Rico as a competent backup player. We certainly shouldn't try to move him on until we know that either Daniels or Kelly is fully fit.

The domestic rights for Spain were only wrapped up this week. They’re not quite as savvy as the Premier League.

UK rights still not finalised, so id guess other foreign rights would be in a similar situation.

Idk about the hotel thing, but he did an interview recently saying he's been taking lots of English lessons in his spare time, and he always looks quite happy in the training videos.

How many games has he actually played for us ?...Seeing as there are posters who still think Ibe needs more opportunities let’s not make Rico the new scapegoat quite yet ,particularly as the crowd can have a lot of effect on the confidence of any player positioned out wide .

Difficult environment to try people out in the premier league... drop points against teams you should win and then go into a sequence of games against the top six and all of a sudden your season is defined. Our start last year ended up saving us. Had we not had a clearly defined way of playing early on we would have gone down on the points we got after November.

We can’t be feeling anyone in at the start of this season. Villa up next then anyone feeling lots of points coming from City, Leicester and Everton?? If Daniels was fit he should have started in my opinion. Not because he is the future but because he understands his role and he is good enough for Sheff U.

Difficult environment to try people out in the premier league... drop points against teams you should win and then go into a sequence of games against the top six and all of a sudden your season is defined. Our start last year ended up saving us. Had we not had a clearly defined way of playing early on we would have gone down on the points we got after November.

We can’t be feeling anyone in at the start of this season. Villa up next then anyone feeling lots of points coming from City, Leicester and Everton?? If Daniels was fit he should have started in my opinion. Not because he is the future but because he understands his role and he is good enough for Sheff U.

I would agree with that if Rico was the sole reason we didn't win that game; but he wasn't. And I'm not convinced that playing Daniels would have made a difference; he might even have been worse.

Cmon now, Daniels has been appalling for a long time now and cost us goal after goal last season. Just because we didn’t get the result we wanted on Saturday let’s not conveniently choose to forget this fact. The reason we were so poor on Saturday had nothing to do with Rico and everything to do with the tactical set up and the forward players not being suited to it.

;