AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal - FA Cup 4th Round Monday 27th January 8 pm

One thing is for certain .... if Lerma is on 9 yellows, as I understand, there is no way in the world that I risk a tenth in advance of the next few crucial games. He wouldn't even be on the bench.

One thing is for certain .... if Lerma is on 9 yellows, as I understand, there is no way in the world that I risk a tenth in advance of the next few crucial games. He wouldn't even be on the bench.

Unless it's been changed again, I don't believe Yellow cards carry across competitions. If Lerma picked one up on Monday its shouldn't impact his League status.

Unless it's been changed again, I don't believe Yellow cards carry across competitions. If Lerma picked one up on Monday its shouldn't impact his League status.
Yes, I see this now.
"However, the changes this season will see yellow cards only counting in the competition they are received. Red cards will continue to count across all competitions."
I was confused by the fact that Luiz and PEA were suspended, but they were both on reds.
Thanks!

Line up according to The Guardian. Surely this can't be right, can it? Kelly at RB.

681.jpg

The 4th round 1957 - 63 years ago.

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic FC

We were in Division 3 South & Wolves English Division 1 (Old).

This was the start of that Cup run.

At the time teams in the league with us who are in the PL now as well were/are:

Brighton
Crystal Palace
Norwich C
Saints
Watford

That was when the fans/club looked to be getting a big club in the Cup.

Shop windows dressed in Red & White all around the area, that was the ‘Magic’ of this Cup back then.

Last edited:
The 4th round 1957 - 63 years ago.

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic FC

We were in Division 3 South & Wolves English Division 1 (Old).

This was the start of that Cup run.

At the time teams in the league with us who are in the PL now as well were/are:

Brighton
Crystal Palace
Norwich C
Saints
Watford

That was when the fans/club looked to be getting a big club in the Cup.

Shop windows dressed in Red & White all around the area, that was the ‘Magic’ of this Cup back then.
Surely the first round was the start of the cup run ;)

Hope we go for this bigstyle.. Pompey twice and Saints have won the thing and Brighton have been in a Final..

Cup Final Day, this article reminded me of what Cup Final Day was all about back a number of years now.

It’s a Knockout in the morning.

Before the start of the game the man in his white coat Arthur Caiger leading Abide With Me.

Then at the ‘magic time’ of 3 pm the game started.

Now it has all changed.

https://taleoftwohalves.uk/columnist/fa-cup-final-great-day-football-fans

Notwithstanding my earlier faux pas about Lerma and yellows, I would like to see us put out a competitive side, but at the same time we cannot afford another Mepham scenario. So, we should be sitting those players who are at the heart of our line-up for February. Certainly Ake falls into that category, King (if fit, may not be anyway), probably Smith and Lerma. If that's the thinking, the XI in the above post may make sense.

Arsenal's looks pretty strong.

Amongst the players training ahead of tomorrow night’s game according to COWS.

The likes of under-18s defender Brooklyn Genesini partook in the session, while Jaidon Anthony and Alex Dobre of the under-21s were also involved.

Brad Smith also continued to train with the Cherries, having returned from a loan spell with Seattle Sounders.

I can see a 4-1 win for us tomorrow night...against an Arsenal side that are really not much cop whoever they put on the teamsheet...rookie manager too.

Its a cinch !

;