AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa

I would kind of love to see a big physical battle between Surridge and Mings. I fear Callum will just get tossed around.

Wilson is a far more physical player than Surridge, if that's what you're looking to see. Surridge is kind of gangly, and not really much of a physical presence from the little I've seen of him. I'd play him for the goal threat though!

Wilson is a far more physical player than Surridge, if that's what you're looking to see. Surridge is kind of gangly, and not really much of a physical presence from the little I've seen of him. I'd play him for the goal threat though!
Surridge seems to be a technically gifted footballer and a good finisher to boot. It doesn’t all have to be about pace and power. I really hope he’s given a go.

In August I'd have said Surridge was pretty lightweight
Seeing 5 minutes of him the other night - he's near doubled in size! Looks like the Championship rough and tumble has bulked him up a bit. Some of the monsters at this level might be another matter though.

Surridge seems to be a technically gifted footballer and a good finisher to boot. It doesn’t all have to be about pace and power. I really hope he’s given a go.

Personally I wouldn’t say he’s “technically gifted” atm; honestly he kind of reminds me of a young Harry Kane, in the sense that his movement and general ability to find space in the box really put Wilson and Solanke to shame.

His first touch and all that is fine but that’s not the part of his game I’m excited about. He seems to have a pretty great understanding of the strikers role already. If he can build further on his general footballing ability he could become a fantastic player.

That's the problem today, you have to watch everything you say or write, be sure someone somewhere will take offense. ....it seems fine for any religion or creed to say what they like about anyone......but woe betide a white westerner say anything out of place...

Oh dear, you can't be racist, homophobic, sexist, etc anymore... the absolute injustice of it!

Boo-hoo, poor oppressed you.

I would kind of love to see a big physical battle between Surridge and Mings. I fear Callum will just get tossed around.
I think you have to take into account that Mings will be very wary of Callum even though he hasn't been in the best of form for a while. The more they concentrate on Callum, the more gaps they leave for others in theory. We should play.
Ramsdale
Smith Cook Ake Rico
Surman Lerma
Danjuma Wilson Fraser
Callum

When Danjuma tries unleash Surridge.
Let's get at them !!!!

Well, Wilson is certainly feisty, but too often this season he just gets bullied off the ball by big defenders. Or, in his feistiness (i.e., doing a lot of grabbing) he gets called for fouls. Someone as big as Surridge should be able to hold his own against a big defender without doing as much holding and fouling, simply because he's harder to move.

I think you have to take into account that Mings will be very wary of Callum even though he hasn't been in the best of form for a while. The more they concentrate on Callum, the more gaps they leave for others in theory. We should play.
Ramsdale
Smith Cook Ake Rico
Surman Lerma
Danjuma Wilson Fraser
Callum

Let's get at them !!!!

Danjuma apparently not expected back until late February.

Ramsdale
Smith Cook Ake Rico
Surman Lerma
Danjuma Wilson Fraser
Callum

Let's get at them !!!!
Is Danjuma available for this game?

Another Important Game

With the FA Cup game done and dusted, our team focus on more bread and butter matters on Saturday with a return to Premier League football at Dean Court. Our visitors are Aston Villa who sit two points and two places above our club in 16th place. After our hopefully confidence boosting win against Brighton recently our team will be hoping to make it two in a row which could help our side out of the relegation zone. It won’t be easy as Villa have taken some useful points since the beginning of this year on their travels.

Our second game of the league season was away and it was a trip to Villa Park to play Aston Villa and it turned out to be a fruitful trip, our team coming home with all three points in the bag.
Aston Villa since that defeat found themselves in a relegation place at the end of both August and September. They started off October with a bang, beating Norwich City away 1-5, it was Villa’s biggest win this season so far. They ended October out of the relegation zone and in 15th place. The end of November Aston Villa were four points clear of a relegation place still in 15th position. By the end of the year after a busy but not rewarding December, Villa were back down in the last relegation place but only two points behind the Cherries who were two places above. January so far has produced seven points out of a possible twelve for Aston Villa.

On their away trips this season Villa have W 2, D 2, L 8. This month away from home, Villa have beaten Burnley and drawn at Brighton. At home they were thrashed 1-6 by Manchester City, but they won their last game beating Watford 2-1.

In our home games against Aston Villa, AFCB have only won once and that was in the 1971-72 season under John Bond when the crowds came flocking back to Dean Court as they saw exciting, attacking football with plenty of goals. The Cherries won by 3-0, our scorers were Boyer, MacDougall, Powell, the attendance was 20,305. In the away game Ted McDougall who featured on a thread earlier this week scored with a flying header and it was seen on MOTD. Unfortunately Ted Mac’s goal wasn’t enough and Villa won 2-1 in front of 48,110 for an old Division 3 game where both teams were going for promotion. At the end of that season Aston Villa were promoted as Champions and AFCB finished in third place behind promoted Brighton. Villa spent three seasons in the old Division 2 before gaining promotion into the old Division 1.

AFCB’s first season in the Premier League, the first game was at Dean Court against Aston Villa, Villa won 0-1. In the away game the following April the Cherries gained revenge with a 1-2 victory.
In our three home league games, AFCB have W 1, D 0, L 2. In all competitions, AFCB have W 3, D 1, L 4.

AFCB Team News
Added to the normal injury list are Lloyd Kelly who has had a slight setback and Philip Billing with a back injury. Expect similar team to that against Brighton, with the odd change or two with Steve Cook back available and a doubt over Billing.

AFCB Player To Watch
All about opinions, but hope to see Callum Wilson carry on from where he left off against Brighton. We need his goals to help get us back on track and out of the relegation zone. There seemed to be an understanding building between him and Dominic Solanke. Otherwise if Eddie does change things and give Sam Surridge a start, be a good chance to see what he can do.

Aston Villa Team News
Both Wesley and Tom Heaton received ACL injuries in the New Year’s Day game away at Burnley. Other injuries are Jed Steer, calf, John McGinn, fractured ankle. In the January transfer window Villa have signed striker Mbwana Samatta from Genk for £10 million, he made his debut against Leicester on Tuesday night in the League Cup semi-final. Midfielder Danny Drinkwater from Chelsea on loan and goalkeeper Pepe Raina from AC Milan on loan. On the rumour mill, it has been reported Villa are looking at signing Daniel Sturridge for £4.2 million before the close of Friday’s window.

Aston Villa Player To Watch
Jack Grealish in midfield. Has been in great form for Villa in the league and is their leading scorer with 7 goals, also leads with 5 assists.

Just looked on physio room ( don't know if it's any good) and it says Danjuma available on 1st of February so that's probably why I was thinking he was close. It doesn't even mention Stan. I think everybody has given up on him.

;