AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - 3 To Go!

It was a chance for JW to study Brentford up close. So he kept his cards close to his chest and I doubt Brentford learnt much about us. Now hopefully JW will be better prepared to nullify their threats when / if we meet them in the playoffs. No new injury concerns, and a tactical regroup next time. Tactical genius or a niave manager ? We have all are guilty of under estimating JW, and maybe, just maybe, it's all going perfectly to plan....

****************, fucker, ************************, cocksucker, bellend, ****************
It’s an automatic word filter, use a word that’s included it gets removed. Use a word not in the word filter it doesn’t get removed.

If there are any words you feel should be added feel free to inbox me.
Fucker, cocksucker and bellend still all working for me !
:sorry: I was bored !

Yeah . just keeping putting Surridge down... 'Afcb' Bandwagon Elite style...sign Toney from 'beleaguered ' Brentford for £30 mill..under the noses of Spurs, Chelsea etc.....only to find Toney hasn't quite got it to get past MC defenders.

Of course Surridge didn't score any in the PL did he ...maybe 1 and 1 in the Cup v Arsenal.
- so he would be a gamble too...or completely useless perhaps...
Toney would start unproven at that level.

But today's Boscombe fans know what's what...experience like...no whut ah mean innit!

Brentford bought Ollie Watkins from Exeter for £1,800,000 in 2017.

He scored less goals last season for Brentford than Toney this season.

Watkins was sold to Villa for £28 million this season and has scored 12 PL goals.

Thinking back to the opening spell in the first half where Junior Stanislas was through on goal but lost his footing and chance went begging, did our watering of the pitch work against us?

Seen our players slip before, I wonder at times if they overdo the watering, as seen the sprinklers on even when it is/has been raining.

This is something I said during the game. We have a few players who seem to slip more than most. Stanislas, Solanke, Cook, Lerma? Footwear aside, watering the pitch does not seem to favour our players. I've not seen any opposition players struggle quite as much. So why do we persist with it? Does it also not favour their keeper when we play a long through ball over the top?

Was a weird game; we could have been 2 up early on but then couldn't really generate anything.
Big problems, as mentioned above, were that we couldn't control the midfield adequately, and that Danjuma was neutralized.
Starting Pearson would go a long way to helping with problem #1, and an in-form Brooks scaring them on the right could open up space for Danjuma (or at least, take advantage of the space on the right opened up by their focus on Danjuma).
Both these will have knock-on effects on the other players (Dom, Phil Bill).
Not to mention Danjuma hasn't developed the same understanding with Rico that he recently has with Kelly.
I'm hopeful a different starting lineup would yield a very different result.

Does anyone know if Rico Henry will be fit for the play offs?.....ii know Josh Da Silva is out......two massive players for Brentford......a bit worrying that they could out play us with ten men at home without those two tbh.

Was a weird game; we could have been 2 up early on but then couldn't really generate anything.
Big problems, as mentioned above, were that we couldn't control the midfield adequately, and that Danjuma was neutralized.
Starting Pearson would go a long way to helping with problem #1, and an in-form Brooks scaring them on the right could open up space for Danjuma (or at least, take advantage of the space on the right opened up by their focus on Danjuma).
Not to mention Danjuma hasn't developed the same understanding with Rico that he recently has with Kelly.

Indeed - they were direct by playing through our midfield time and again and we looked very open and unable to deal with it with the starting midfield.
They knew how to defend against us and certainly did a number on us ....

Does anyone know if Rico Henry will be fit for the play offs?.....ii know Josh Da Silva is out......two massive players for Brentford......a bit worrying that they could out play us with ten men at home without those two tbh.

Before our game.

“We need to see in terms of how they are in terms of the play-offs, both for Rico and for Henrik. Josh is a longer one. Josh is out for the season.”

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/b...ansea-barnsley-and-co-advantage-in-play-offs/

Think we will need brooks and danjuma on top form to go up, will help stretch the defence

I think it shows even though in some eyes we have the most talented squad in the league that we are too reliant on a couple of players for us to get a result, if those few are not on form then we struggle to get a result

;