AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - Championship Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg

Don’t want to tempt fate, but three games against Brentford and in those three games a certain thing hasn’t happened.

I guess another difference (probably already been said) between the 1st half/2nd half analogy is that the next 90 mins are at their place. Should have maximized the atmosphere as they are going to. Especially given they know what the first half score is.

You don't add the odds,if both teams were even and you put a pound on a double,you would get four pound back so that would be three to one.Ten pound double on two ten to one teams would give you eleven hundred pounds back,one hundred and ten pound going on to a ten to one shot.Your way of thinking two ten two one shots is twenty to one but it's not
Agreed.

But I doubt we were 3-1 and Swansea 4-1

There's no way he would have got 12-1.

That was my point.

Agreed.

That was my point.
I think you could of got two to one on us and three to one on Swansea,so a pound double stake would give you twelve pound back,so that's eleven to one.A pound on us to win gives you three pound going on to a three to one gives you twelve pound,minus the stake gives you eleven to one

I heard Alan Hansen once say on TV “Anything - Nil is a good result" after the first home leg of a two leg tie...and he should know...

Completely agree. We were essentially holding on to a one goal lead with over ninety minutes still to play. It was a ridiculous thing to do. The way we approached the second half after going one up made no sense. We were in the ascendancy and then just sat back and held on to what we had. You could see the mind set of the players completely changed. It’s like they didn’t understand it is a two legged tie.

"Ridiculous" "No sense"
I'm going to have check the result.

Yep, we won 1-0

I think you could of got two to one on us and three to one on Swansea,so a pound double stake would give you twelve pound back,so that's eleven to one.A pound on us to win gives you three pound going on to a three to one gives you twelve pound,minus the stake gives you eleven to one

Exactly. Although I misread the odds slightly. They were actually 11.221-1, but far better than 4-1. Maybe someone should change their bookmaker.

The screen shot from my account. You can click on it to make it larger:

Vinst.JPG

It's in Swedish, but I think that you can get the jist of it, but just in case, vinst = win.

Last edited:
Agreed.

That was my point.

Well, you were right. My double only paid 11.221-1.

Therefore, I apologise unreservedly for deceiving you so cruelly and unnecessarily.

I also hereby promise never to mention wagers, bookmakers, odds or any other betting -related subject in a thread again and leave it to the experts, because they know everything and, apparently, I, well, just simply can't be trusted.

Just as an afterthought, there's this. My replies are in the green boxes and the times are 1 hour ahead of BST:

Screenshot_20210518_082137_com.whatsapp.jpg

Oh, and do let me know when you are over next time and I'll fix you another ticket. Unless, off course, There's no way he would have got a ticket.

Completely agree. We were essentially holding on to a one goal lead with over ninety minutes still to play. It was a ridiculous thing to do. The way we approached the second half after going one up made no sense. We were in the ascendancy and then just sat back and held on to what we had. You could see the mind set of the players completely changed. It’s like they didn’t understand it is a two legged tie.

away goals count if (likely) it goes to extra time in the second leg
they had made five subs and had fresh legs
we were a bit knackered but a goal up
our bench is shite despite the continued "best squad in the division" garbage

and just imagine your melt-down if we'd have conceded in the last 5 minutes

Reactions: drd

I’m pretty sure away goals don’t count at all

Should probably check your facts before spouting nonsense while trying to belittle someone. Better luck next time

I heard Alan Hansen once say on TV “Anything - Nil is a good result" after the first home leg of a two leg tie...and he should know...

Alan Hansen was no doubt talking about European football where away goals count for more than home goals. If that was true then there would have been a point in hanging on to a one goal lead but it wasn't the case.

Alan Hansen was no doubt talking about European football where away goals count for more than home goals. If that was true then there would have been a point in hanging on to a one goal lead but it wasn't the case.

Whereas Kris Temple gave the correct answer to the away goals question last night.

Let's see, Hansen or Temple, which would I choose as the best informed about matters Championship and Bournemouth?

;