AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - Championship Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg

How does anyone get to thinking we are any better than Swansea or Barnsley when they have finished in the same points bracket...
Not much gets to baffle me...but this is crazy logic to grapple with !

It seems Rico Henry is available for Brentford again after being out since the end of February with hamstring problems.

How does anyone get to thinking we are any better than Swansea or Barnsley when they have finished in the same points bracket...
Not much gets to baffle me...but this is crazy logic to grapple with !
On our day (or should I say, when the players want to be) we’re far better than both those teams. The fact that we beat them 3-0 and 4-0 this season is proof of that. Swansea didn’t score against us in 2 games and after beating them 4-0 in the away match Barnsley beat us at home when we were on a poor run of form and they’d just won 8 in a row

On our day (or should I say, when the players want to be) we’re far better than both those teams. The fact that we beat them 3-0 and 4-0 this season is proof of that. Swansea didn’t score against us in 2 games and after beating them 4-0 in the away match Barnsley beat us at home when we were on a poor run of form and they’d just won 8 in a row

Excellent Theory !!!

If I was a Brentford fan after finishung 3rd for the second successive season, I would be well pissed off they have to play Bournemouth, rather than the other two options.

Absolutely right. Brentford, like us, would prefer Swansea or Barnsley. It could well be that Brentford are as jittery about playing us as we are them.

We did the double over the champions.

We can, and will, beat Brentford.

Promising comments from Danjuma in the latest COWS article :

“The performances in training have been outstanding and you can see the players are getting on it and there is a different kind of mentality going into these games.
Everyone knows the whole season will be superfluous if we don’t go up. I’m confident we will turn up in the play-offs and play like we know we can.”

Let's hope he's right. I'd like to see us dominate the game from the start and impose ourselves on Brentford straight away. Get an early couple of goals and leave them shell-shocked. Add a couple more goals in the second half and leave them with a mountain to climb at their place.
I think there is a chance they might crumble if we can start well and look to dominate them. Fingers crossed our players share my belief.

Fortunately the playoffs are on Spanish DAZN so I won't have to do any sneaky tricks to be able to watch these season defining games :wahey:

:utc:

Good pic of two players up against each other tonight.

Pity no fans will be there to see it! ;)

The match will be held behind closed doors at Dean Court.

Also according to them Junior Stanislas will be back.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...lts-championship-playoff-preview-b935422.html
Some great writing there. "bounce back for a second bit of the cherry" for a start. And obviously no idea about us whatsoever. Honestly, does nobody proof read or research anymore before hammering something into a computer and posting it online ? For a "journalist" you would think that might actually be some sort of requirement. Obviously on here it remains entirely optional ;)

Pop quiz! Which forum is this 'Who do you want to win the play-offs?' poll from?

View attachment 5715

I'd imagine this would be the majority of neutral fans. If we weren't there, I'd want Brentford, apparently a well-run club, who keep losing in the play-offs, and who have not been in the Premier League. Then I'd rank the clubs in order of how long they have not been in the Premier League, which is how the results pan out.

So, I'm not seeing this as anti-AFCB feelings. But saying this: Southampton.

Its been mentioned that we did the double over Norwich.
It will count for Zero tonight!

In 2014 -15 both Forest and Leeds did the double over Us and finished in the bottom half, 14th and 15th.

Brentford did the double over Us this season.
Brentford's play-off record is abysmal.

* They have the 'Better Team'.
* We have the 'Better Team'.
* Swansea are Rubbish.
* Barnsley are Crap.

But..NOTHING of all the Before Statistics Counts NOW !...ONLY that What happens Tonight and Saturday. Then.. In the Final.

Simple as that!

Well this playoff campaign will certainly be a test of this squad's character.

Have they got it in them to pull together when the chips are down and fight for one another and the fans ? Can they sustain the necessary intensity and focus for three games to pick up the big prize ? Now is the time when we will finally find out. For me, I have my doubts to be honest. We haven't really seen it from this group of players, so I remain sceptical but as ever somewhat hopeful !

Come on lads ! Do it for the fans ! You can redeem yourselves and prove many of us wrong if you can somehow pull this thing off !

I hope that those able to attend tonight's game all get there safely and on time and are rewarded for their efforts with the kind of performance which we all know must be within this squad somewhere.

:utc::utc::utc:

;