AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - Championship Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg

I’m also worried now Cook has gone off would feel more comfortable with a back 3 of Kelly Mepham and CCV with Smith on the left and Stacey on the right but we can’t sacrifice any other position

Tight game with defences on top first half.

5 shots and 1 on target for AFCB against 4 for Brentford with 0 on target.

Not many chances, but think when Solanke broke from our half maybe instead of passing he could have gone on and maybe got a shot in.

Pity seeing Steve Cook go off.

Hope we don't rue those missed chances. We should be infront but we all know how the script works. One slip, missed pass or moment of madness and they are sharp enough upfront to punish us.

Not sure how we combat teams doubling up on Danjuma. He had more of the ball as the half went on, but he is pretty well marshalled. Should mean there is space elsewhere but hasn't really materialised.....

What score would we take now at the end? Think 0-0 & all to play for wouldn't be a bad result
Hmmm...I think we should make our home advantage count and make sure we win this one. They will have a fair few more of their own fans for the return leg. A draw today would be wasteful IMO.

Hope we don't rue those missed chances. We should be infront but we all know how the script works. One slip, missed pass or moment of madness and they are sharp enough upfront to punish us.

Seen it in all 3 games, fail to turn some great opportunities into a commanding lead. Pressure on Meps now against his former team; one error could be fatal

What score would we take now at the end? Think 0-0 & all to play for wouldn't be a bad result
Not sure, I hate the thought of what this coaching team would do with a 1-0 advantage. In terms of positive/neutral outcomes, maybe between 1-0 and 0-0, the latter may be a better result. Let's face it, 3-0 and better is preferred. I don't think we handle a second leg starting with 2-0.

If Brentford are 1 up, I still fancy our chances, their defending is not that special

Hmmm...I think we should make our home advantage count and make sure we win this one. They will have a fair few more of their own fans for the return leg. A draw today would be wasteful IMO.
I don't know.....The danger for me would be if we went there trying to defend a narrow lead.

Billing not really in the game so far.
...maybe a change for Wilshere on 60mins?
Or maybe move Brooks into the ten with Ro Ro on the right?

Billing not really in the game so far.
...maybe a change for Wilshere on 60mins?
Or maybe move Brooks into the ten with Ro Ro on the right?

Was thinking about that Wilshere change as well, since that missed chance Phil has gone missing somewhat

;