AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - Championship Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg

9/10 times our corner kicks are woeful. The psychological aspect of going there, knowing Brentford’s great form at home and keeping a clean sheet was obviously the deciding factor in it. You’d be fuming if they’d scored in the 94th minute because we sent everyone forward for a corner, I’m sure you’re much more content with the 1-0 win, clean sheet and psychological advantage we have going into Saturday. I am

I don't know how many times I can say it, I'm saying they should have tried to score from the corner, not send everyone up. They kept it in the corner and lost possession easily, which meant brentford were no less likely to score than if we'd just stuck the corner in the box.

What about the psychological effect of going there at 2-0 up, which was much more likely if they were trying to score.

Very tight, well setup for the second leg. Both clubs will take something from that.

We have the slender lead obviously. But my god we had to work hard for it. Injuries and walking wounded, it seemed to me that we looked more worse for wear than them.

They will need a goal and the maths for them is simple. We're in that tricky position whereby we need to figure out whether to sit back or go forward.

All to play for. The playoffs hey!

I don't know how many times I can say it, I'm saying they should have tried to score from the corner, not send everyone up. They kept it in the corner and lost possession easily, which meant brentford were no less likely to score than if we'd just stuck the corner in the box.

What about the psychological effect of going there at 2-0 up, which was much more likely if they were trying to score.

Honestly I get it. Not everyone shares the same view. 1-0 is better than 1-1 but worse than 2-0. I’m not stupid just think it was the right thing to do. We’ve just kept a clean sheet against Brentford, don’t let it annoy you and look forward to Saturday

Honestly I get it. Not everyone shares the same view. 1-0 is better than 1-1 but worse than 2-0. I’m not stupid just think it was the right thing to do. We’ve just kept a clean sheet against Brentford, don’t let it annoy you and look forward to Saturday

I know you get it. The "I don't know how many times I can say it" was just to reiterate that I'd not suggested sending everyone up for the corner.

I guess I'm looking at it from a risk/reward point of view. If someone offered you 3/1 on the toss of a coin it's demonstrably the right option to take the bet even if you end up losing.

Anyway, it just really annoyed me.

Over the course of a season yes 3.1 is good odds , with only ninety minutes of the season to play and your one nil up the risk and reward odds are certainly less appealing .

Our manager tends towards safety first, I don't often agree but can see why in injury time on this occasion.

I thought we looked dangerous on the counter tonight and hope for more of the same Saturday.

More importantly, it was fantastic for us to actually get to see our first game of the season.

He was ok but for most players that is hardly remarkable. Maybe you've got a lower opinion of him yourself if you think that it is.
Hes had a tough time playing recently, lost a lot of confidence......but I think there is a good player in there somewhere...........just got up my nose when he was due to come on how many on here said so many negative comments before he's even touched the ball.....he wears the shirt I will support him

Well done

I rarely stake more than a quid and didn't in this case as it's only a bit of fun. My biggest win, though, since I put a pound on Bournemouth at half-time when we were 2-0 down at home to Reading. But these two covered my dozen and a half losing bets this season.

;