AFC Bournemouth v Brighton - FA Cup Third Round - 12.30 pm

People seem to see a totally different game about Ibe to me, I still saw the same old run at/past a few players, get a lucky bounce and somehow control it, but either don't pass or shoot and then it's too late and a defender blocks it. As always, no end product.

That was painful. Mousset, Rico and Surman all atrocious. Should be nowhere near the team for the rest of the season on the basis of that performance.
You can understand why Eddie continues to pick his „favourites“ when the others continually fail to impress when they have a chance. Rico has never looked anything like the player we saw in those Youtube clips from Spain and Mousset needs to go on loan to the Championship and gain some confidence, learn where the back of the net is. I hope Mings is injured because he is a player who always impresses when given a chance. Simpson looked good enough today, looks PL standard to me. Also thought Clyne looked very good on the ball, didn‘t do much wrong. I think he will come straight into the league team.
Glad we managed to avoid a replay, no point if we are going to field a team like that. I hope Eddie learned something he didn‘t already know because I‘m not sure I did. Brooks and Fraser were as good as ever, Pugh popped up with another highlight and apart from those mentioned above nobody did anything to force their way into the league team.
:cry:

I don’t go negative much or I make an effort not to but I’ve been taking a little heat just calling it how I see it on Ibe and mousset

Anyone see why I call mousset an Olympic jogger? lol he does have a lovely job around the pitch. Must log 7-8 kilometers a match
If it were the same fixture but we were back in league one or even the championship I can't see Mousset, Ibe, or anyone else putting in such a low quality shift. It's the effort that worries me much more than the technical ability or decision making

You can understand why Eddie continues to pick his „favourites“ when the others continually fail to impress when they have a chance. Rico has never looked anything like the player we saw in those Youtube clips from Spain and Mousset needs to go on loan to the Championship and gain some confidence, learn where the back of the net is. I hope Mings is injured because he is a player who always impresses when given a chance. Simpson looked good enough today, looks PL standard to me. Also thought Clyne looked very good on the ball, didn‘t do much wrong. I think he will come straight into the league team.
Glad we managed to avoid a replay, no point if we are going to field a team like that. I hope Eddie learned something he didn‘t already know because I‘m not sure I did. Brooks and Fraser were as good as ever, Pugh popped up with another highlight and apart from those mentioned above nobody did anything to force their way into the league team.
:cry:
I shudder to think where we would be without Fraser, honestly...

Thought Ibe looked alright when playing centrally. So naturally he was switched to the right at half time and was crap for the remainder of the game.
And for those complaining about his stopping with the ball -- in many cases he did a good job holding the ball up. When he was in the advanced role, he often ended up at the edge of the box before the rest of the team. What's he supposed to do? Keep running it into touch?

Just in, didn't see the game but i will see the highlights later or should i bother. It seems Mousset is a camel who doesn't like to move, why wasn't the young lad Dobre not given a chance? Eddie had nothing to lose being 0-2 down at HT.

Thought Ibe looked alright when playing centrally. So naturally he was switched to the right at half time and was crap for the remainder of the game.

This.

Of course people will highlight Ibe just because they never see anything good in him. But he was one of the better performers in that side, not that is saying too much but he did create space at times, he did try and get someone-two's going with Lys that didn't come back to him.

I think today, with maybe 8 or 9 off key, its a bit daft to suggest Ibe was one of the worst couple out there.

Just in, didn't see the game but i will see the highlights later or should i bother. It seems Mousset is a camel who doesn't like to move, why wasn't the young lad Dobre not given a chance? Eddie had nothing to lose being 0-2 down at HT.
How'd the golf go ?????

And for those complaining about his stopping with the ball -- in many cases he did a good job holding the ball up. When he was in the advanced role, he often ended up at the edge of the box before the rest of the team. What's he supposed to do? Keep running it into touch?

I’ve lost count of the number of times he receives the ball with players overlapping or ahead of him and he simply stops dead allowing the opposition to get back (invariably before dribbling straight into them). It’s infuriating and a key reason why he doesn’t suit our style of play imo.

I’ve lost count of the number of times he receives the ball with players overlapping or ahead of him and he simply stops dead allowing the opposition to get back (invariably before dribbling straight into them). It’s infuriating and a key reason why he doesn’t suit our style of play imo.
Agree. Admittedly at times he is the first to arrive near the box and in those situations it is ok for him to stop and slow down the attack if he doesn‘t fancy a crack himself. I don‘t think anybody is criticising him for those instances, just the myriad of other instances where he fails to see that he has options and stops with the ball rather than to look up and play the pass. He just needs to look up more before deciding to hold up play by stopping the ball. He‘s a good player but his poor decision making more often than not leads to no end product, which at times is totally unnecessary.

Think Brighton broke the ‘curse’ today of never beating us under Eddie as manager.

On the playing front, thought Clyne fitted into our side like a glove.

Brooks looked so assured on the ball and just glides past players.

Must be one of the finds of the season in the PL.

Yes, I know what you're talking about. My point is that in this game, he didn't do that much. Preconceptions about "what he does" affected how people saw him today.
He was almost playing as a 9 in the first half, meaning he was often running alone against 2 or 3 defenders.

Thought it was a strange atmosphere in the ground for the first half hour for a FA Cup game.

Never heard anything from the Brighton fans until they scored.

Mousset was a joke today he needs to go out on loan, terrible open goal miss and no football brain. 1/10 performance today.

Thought Ibe did ok at times but he should be more direct and I think it could be time to cash in because more often than not he slows things down. Cook was bad and at fault for 1st.

The midfield battle was well and truly lost, Surma 2/10 back to his worst and Taylor 2/10 completely out of his depth had to feel for him he probably will have no confidence left now.

Brooks was MOTM as a sub. Clyne 7/10 also played well and Simpson 6/10was ok. Good goal from Pugh model pro. Everyone else was sub standard. Squad needs to be streamlined imo.

Still trying to get my head around that ... Cook had a poor one; Surman was back in lateral mode; Fraser looked tired and fed up (especially with Mousset). We lacked cohesion and energy; Brighton were tight, composed and won at a canter.

OK - it’s not the first team but does show that the squad is thin in key areas, most important midfield, where we had nothing until Brooks appeared. Badly need a) creative midfielder to go with Lerma; b) tall, strong right CB. Simpson OK today but not the answer in the centre of defence.

;