AFC Bournemouth v Brighton - FA Cup Third Round - 12.30 pm

Boruc 4 - Didn’t make a single save, poor for the 3rd. Terrible distribution.

Clyne 7 - Looked quality on the ball, impressive defensively. Looking forward to more.

Cook 5 - Not good. Particularly poor for the first goal. Didn’t seem to organise the back 4 very well.

Simpson 6 - Thought he was decent, excellent at playing it out. Unlucky nutmeg for the first goal. Seemed to fade quite badly in the last 20.

Rico 3 - I like Rico as a player. Maybe it’s the language barrier, or he’s just out of form, but he was terrible. Abject crossing and all over the place defensively. Still have faith though.

Pugh 6 - Solid performance with a cracking goal. Also faded quite badly (and understandably) second half.

Taylor 5 - Hot and cold, wasn’t done any favours by his partner. Gave the ball away a lot, but some fine passing to get the ball away from danger too. Shouldn’t be disappointed with how he played at all.

Surman 4 - Very disappointing. Didn’t help out Taylor, looked like he was sprinting through treacle, and weak in the tackle. Some nice passes at times.

Ibe 5 - Typical Ibe performance. Some excellent dribbling but poor decision making. Always been a confidence player.

Fraser 6 - Surprised he played. Put a hell of a shift in, didn’t get much luck with his offensive play. Looked dead on his feet at the end.

Mousset 2 - It pains me to give him such a low score, because I think he’s got so much talent. Once he missed that open goal he was absolutely terrible. A shadow of the player who terrorised Chelsea in the cup a few weeks ago.

Subs:
Brooks 7 MOM
- Looked the best player on the pitch when he came on. Starting to believe he might be the most naturally gifted player we’ve ever had, or at the very least that I’ve seen play live. Slotted in at CM easily.

Daniels 6 - Looked up for it when he came on, and some decent bits of play in the short time he was on. Turning point?

Stanislas 4 - Anonymous performance. A few neat touches, poor crossing.

31 more people today than for League game.

A number of new faces around me, some people having problems coming through turnstile using scanner.

Boruc 4 - Didn’t make a single save, poor for the 3rd. Terrible distribution.

Clyne 7 - Looked quality on the ball, impressive defensively. Looking forward to more.

Cook 5 - Not good. Particularly poor for the first goal. Didn’t seem to organise the back 4 very well.

Simpson 6 - Thought he was decent, excellent at playing it out. Unlucky nutmeg for the first goal. Seemed to fade quite badly in the last 20.

Rico 3 - I like Rico as a player. Maybe it’s the language barrier, or he’s just out of form, but he was terrible. Abject crossing and all over the place defensively. Still have faith though.

Pugh 6 - Solid performance with a cracking goal. Also faded quite badly (and understandably) second half.

Taylor 5 - Hot and cold, wasn’t done any favours by his partner. Gave the ball away a lot, but some fine passing to get the ball away from danger too. Shouldn’t be disappointed with how he played at all.

Surman 4 - Very disappointing. Didn’t help out Taylor, looked like he was sprinting through treacle, and weak in the tackle. Some nice passes at times.

Ibe 5 - Typical Ibe performance. Some excellent dribbling but poor decision making. Always been a confidence player.

Fraser 6 - Surprised he played. Put a hell of a shift in, didn’t get much luck with his offensive play. Looked dead on his feet at the end.

Mousset 2 - It pains me to give him such a low score, because I think he’s got so much talent. Once he missed that open goal he was absolutely terrible. A shadow of the player who terrorised Chelsea in the cup a few weeks ago.

Subs:
Brooks 7 MOM
- Looked the best player on the pitch when he came on. Starting to believe he might be the most naturally gifted player we’ve ever had, or at the very least that I’ve seen play live. Slotted in at CM easily.

Daniels 6 - Looked up for it when he came on, and some decent bits of play in the short time he was on. Turning point?

Stanislas 4 - Anonymous performance. A few neat touches, poor crossing.
Right on the money with those scores/assessments :clap:

Ibe has ball wide right near opposition box. Pugh makes run into box looking for ball.

Ibe stands still. Drags the ball left. Stands still. Loses ball.

Pugh throws arms down in frustration. Never seen Pugh like that.

Great goal from Pugh. Vintage Pugh, in fact. Brooks' balance and ball control is something else.

Moose had a bit of a shocker and I say that as a big fan of his.

Our defensive record is a concern, though. 15 goals in 4 games.
26 in 9 !!!

Mings was a strange singing and probably not up to snuff, but he’s not had a chance to “prove” that, even injuries notwithstanding.

;