AFC Bournemouth v Brighton - FA Cup Third Round - 12.30 pm

billythekid

UTC Legend
Up For The Cup

After our cracking 3-3 draw on Wednesday night at Dean Court against Watford in the Premier League, we meet Brighton again at Dean Court, but this time it is the ‘magic’ of the FA Cup and at the first entry stage for the two Premier League sides. After such a busy December schedule and our injury list, this game is probably one Eddie Howe and his team could do without.

Since we have been in the Premier League our record in the FA Cup has been poor. In 2015-16, AFCB were drawn away against Birmingham City in the third round, the Cherries won 1-2. Our goals coming from a Lee Tomlin penalty and Glenn Murray.
In the fourth round we were drawn at home against Everton. AFCB departed the FA Cup losing 0-2.
In the 2016 -17 season, AFCB were again drawn away in the third round, this time our opponents were League 1 Millwall. This ended in an embarrassing exit by 3-0, although this was a much changed Cherries team from the league side.
2017-18 the third round game was at Dean Court against League 1 leaders Wigan. By half-time AFCB were 0-2 down, Wigan’s goals coming from Will Grigg and an own goal from Emerson Hyndman. In the second half the Cherries came back with goals from Lys Mousset and an injury time equaliser from Steve Cook. This took the game to a replay on Wigan’s ground and they entered the fourth round draw after beating AFCB 3-0.

AFCB and Brighton have only met twice before in this competition. The first game was away in January 1988 in the third round with Brighton winning 2-0. The second time, AFCB met Brighton was at home in the first round in November 1993, the Cherries won 4-2, McGorry, Pennock, Masters, Wood were the Cherries scorers.

In all competitions, AFCB have Won 42, Drawn 29, Lost 36.

AFCB Team News
Expect to see Eddie give a number of players a well earned rest. Good to have Nathan Ake and Dan Gosling back off the injury list.

AFCB Player To Watch
Most likely starters up front for us will be Lys Mousset and Jermaine Defoe. Both players need game time and both have a chance to put on a good performance. Defoe if reports are true is being watched by Roy Hodgson with the possible opportunity of joining Palace.

Brighton Team News
Matt Ryan and Alireza Jahanbakhsh are away on international duty. Jose Izquierdo is out with a knee injury.

Brighton Player To Watch
Glenn Murray could start this game, after being sub for the Everton game and also our league game at Dean Court. As with the Cherries, Brighton have had a busy schedule and will probably make changes.'

Last edited:
"Defoe if reports are true is being watched by Roy Hodgson with the possible opportunity of joining Palace" - In which case he won't want him 'cup-tied'

An especially quick turnaround for this, Wednesday 8pm to Saturday 12.15pm. So I can't see any starters from last night being involved, and the last thing we want is to risk further injuries to critical players

Boruc
Seaman Simpson Mings Rico
Hyndman Ofoborh Surman
Ibe Mousset Pugh

A couple of debuts there. I'd love to have a closer look at Ofoborh, and he'll beef up that midfield otherwise weak in Hyndman and Surman. Seaman is about the only actual right back we have, may as well give him a look too.

I'd be happy to see a completely different 11, made up of ressies and yoof. Expect to see lots of instagrams from around the world from our first 11 in the next 48 hours...

An especially quick turnaround for this, Wednesday 8pm to Saturday 12.15pm. So I can't see any starters from last night being involved, and the last thing we want is to risk further injuries to critical players

Boruc
Hyndman Ofoborh Surman
Ibe Mousset Pugh

A couple of debuts there. I'd love to have a closer look at Ofoborh, and he'll beef up that midfield otherwise weak in Hyndman and Surman. Seaman is about the only actual right back we have, may as well give him a look too.

Small point Mark, 12.30 pm kick-off.

Boruc
Hyndman Ofoborh Surman
Ibe Mousset Pugh

Dont say it, dont say it, dont say it....

...Lets hope Seaman doesnt get lobbed during the match...

Any idea why the early kick off? Doesn't seem to be on the telly box, did the police request it??

Any idea why the early kick off? Doesn't seem to be on the telly box, did the police request it??

TV rights sold overseas so the game can be broadcast in Godknowswhereisstan so we have so suffer the lunchtime kick off.

Whatever happened to Saturday 3pm KOs?!

Must be somewhere in Europe then as 3 o'clock black out only applies in Europe, interesting thanks

Last edited:
I am not in favour of lunch time kick off as I don't think we fare too well with these early kick offs. We don't seem to wake up in time for the game.

No doubt both sides will make wholesale changes for the game so it will not be too much of a spectacle.

I am not in favour of lunch time kick off as I don't think we fare too well with these early kick offs. We don't seem to wake up in time for the game.

No doubt both sides will make wholesale changes for the game so it will not be too much of a spectacle.

You don't think we do well at anything tbh mate - your comments are a bit of a waste of time because they always say the same thing - AFCB are crap and the sky will fall in. They aren't based on actually watching the team from what I can see so what is the point?

You don't think we do well at anything tbh mate - your comments are a bit of a waste of time because they always say the same thing - AFCB are crap and the sky will fall in. They aren't based on actually watching the team from what I can see so what is the point?

In which case, feel free to ignore my posts and or respond to them.

I bid you good after morning.

I want the strongest side we can put out ;

ASSUMING OF COURSE THAT WE WANT TO WIN THE BLOODY FA CUP!( I DO)

AND......Get some CONSISTENCY going with form !

I'm fed up with all this p#ss ars#ing around with team selection.
You put your BEST available team out for ALL games. That is what fans pay to See Ffs!
Those of you that pay for tickets should demand this!!!!!!...
Bigger fools you if you dont!

;