AFC Bournemouth v Brighton - Sunday 2 pm

Brighton were pants. The biggest bunch of Nancies I have seen down here in a long time. If any of our players went anywhere near them, they went down. Very Brighton. Kluivert inadvertently played a one-two off one of their players, and lo and behold, the Brighton player went down. They were shite, and Tierney is shite.

It was a thoroughly deserved three points, and anyone looking at them as some sort of benchmark, needs to look again. 6 wins in 28 games is nothing to admire.

Excellent team performance, about the only two blemishes are Semenyo---YO's injury. At the moment I think the best case scenario will be him being fit for the start of next season.
The other, we didn't get the minimum 5 goals we deserved. Although it's a thing of beauty seeing "Poundshop Tommy Elphick" sat on his ass as Kulivert scores the third : )

Very enjoyable pre-match amble around the ground, missed out on the Churros but partook of the Hog roast, delicious : )
Much better than the burgery or hot dogging stuff usually on offer at other grounds : )

I wouldn't say Brighton were poor because they didn't have much choice the way we played. We played brilliantly as a team, they couldn't live with us. Andoni's got them playing so well and we converted 3 of our chances. Even at 1-0 I thought we were much more likely to score than them. Solanke, Kluivert, Unal, Semenyo all played in at least 2 positions. Excellent cross from Dango for the second goal
: )

If De Zerbi's a tactical genius, what does that make Andoni : )

I'm not sure how popular the safe standing is for those in the back 10 rows of the North Stand but once the singing starts it sounds louder. Also heard the South Stand today : )

Only one more home game : (
Win that and we crash 50 points ( in the unlikely event we don't win next week). Also the traditional "pitchie" ; )

Excellent team performance, about the only two blemishes are Semenyo---YO's injury. At the moment I think the best case scenario will be him being fit for the start of next season.
The other, we didn't get the minimum 5 goals we deserved. Although it's a thing of beauty seeing "Poundshop Tommy Elphick" sat on his ass as Kulivert scores the third : )

Very enjoyable pre-match amble around the ground, missed out on the Churros but partook of the Hog roast, delicious : )
Much better than the burgery or hot dogging stuff usually on offer at other grounds : )

I wouldn't say Brighton were poor because they didn't have much choice the way we played. We played brilliantly as a team, they couldn't live with us. Andoni's got them playing so well and we converted 3 of our chances. Even at 1-0 I thought we were much more likely to score than them. Solanke, Kluivert, Unal, Semenyo all played in at least 2 positions. Excellent cross from Dango for the second goal
: )

If De Zerbi's a tactical genius, what does that make Andoni : )

I'm not sure how popular the safe standing is for those in the back 10 rows of the North Stand but once the singing starts it sounds louder. Also heard the South Stand today : )

Only one more home game : (
Win that and we crash 50 points ( in the unlikely event we don't win next week). Also the traditional "pitchie" ; )
Hopefully some pre-match sunshine for the game V Brentford as I'm tempted to try maybe the pizza or hog roast.

We were brilliant today - the referee was a joke and the lino - Brighton were pathetic, diving all the time, it was embarrassing, they are better than that?

Does anyone know why the ref and lino decided against giving us the corner which Semenyo earned?

I've heard we should have had 4 penalties today, VAR didn't even look at one incident. They were almost going for full nelsons on our players when defending corners, Dunks handball, Semenyo taken clean out and there was a big shout or 2 in the first half, they did show the replay on one of the appeals in the ground and that looked like a decent challenge on Dom, no doubt MOTD will show that and not the others.

Luckily for us, we were so superior to them that the shocking refereeing had very little impact.

Every player was excellent. Christie was on fire when he came on. Unal got better as the game went on. Dango more than stepped up, a very under rated player - I think moving him to left back is another master stroke like moving Christie into the double pivot. Kluivert was a nuisance again, all over them.

Brilliant performance. Gutted for Semenyo. hopefully it's not as bad as feared.

It's great to have another player up front, in Unal, capable of getting a headed goal of that calibre...and not being so reliant on Solanke to the degree we have been....and then there is Kluivert who we can trust to score when chances fall to him...his goals can replace those we might lose from Billing moving on...and I think he will get more than the Dane.
I find it strange that some posters tempt fate by banging on about Solanke signing for another club in the summer....why the f√ck would that be desirable or practical, in any way, irrespective of monetary gain....we need to keep him and avoid any disruption or forced changes in strategy or continuity.

Semenyo has been a revelation - all looks good on the Goals For front...
The next big improvement has to be reducing the Goals Against from 60 +.

Last edited:
It's great to have another player up front, in Unal, capable of getting a headed goal of that calibre...and not being so reliant on Solanke to the degree we have been....and then there is Kluivert who we can trust to score when chances fall to him...his goals can replace those we might lose from Billing moving on...and I think he will get more than the Dane.
I find it strange that some posters tempt fate by banging on about Solanke signing for another club in the summer....why the f√ck would that be desirable or practical, in any way, irrespective of monetary gain....we need to keep him and avoid any disruption or forced changes in strategy or continuity.

Semenyo has been a revelation - all looks good on the Goals For front...
The next big improvement has to be reducing the Goals Against from 60 +.
Players come and go, but the true fans stay forever.

;