AFC Bournemouth v Brighton

Makes for a very happy Christmas in my book.

Dunk getting sent off was the fairy on the top of the tree.

In all I thought it was a solid performance against a much improved Brighton side. Needed some top drawer saves from Begovic but once we settled down it felt like we were going to get a result. Thought Surman was good today apart from one mistake he made in the first half. He seems much more positive in his play as well.

Terrific second half, we looked very composed, in full control, particularly after Dunk was sent off. A really comfortable and enjoyable last 30 mins! Lerma outstanding. Franno, Ake and Cook very solid. Brooks two super goals.

From what I can deduce from social media, including their fans, we have been better this half....or at least....restricted them from doing much??

Just now....sew the blooming game up....2-0, an extra man....do NOT give them a sniff.
We were excellent second half. Controlled the game. Can’t remember BHA having a clear cut chance. Saw the game out well.

We deserved that. Begovic was great in the first half. Brooks was superb. Surman was great, Fraser made all the difference off the bench. Another clean sheet, up the cherries and lets look forward to Spurs away.
Yep Fraser superb, made a real difference. They couldn’t handle his pace.

Delighted with those 3 points. Begovic was excellent and so was Francis. Surman had a good game and Brooksie lad is “different class”. We’re still not quite firing, but 3 points against that lot and end the poor run, so who cares!
I thought Lerma was excellent in midfield, too

I'd like to hear from the guy on Twitter who suggested Brighton were a million miles better than us.....
Probably based on the fact that Bego had to make a couple of steller saves in the first half to keep them at bay, before and after Brook's wonderful strike. Second half was ours, and Brook's with yet another nice one. Lerma another yellow, but he definitely took it for the team when we were threatened. What a pair of signings!
Rose coloured I am, and not afraid to say it... I think we can get a little something out of the next two games on the road.

First half, 2 really good saves by Begovic at the foot of the post. Brook's first goal. Lerma's 8th yellow! Took one for the team though.
Second half - I don't recall them having a chance in the second half (I was down the other end).
We grew into the game, and by the end dominated them.
Well deserved standing ovation for David Brooks at the end (I was pretty sure Eddie would take him off a few minutes before the end as everything was under control).
26 points!

;