AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City

Looking at these suggested line ups... my worry is Pearson and Lerma are identical players...

Against Forest, both were literally sat on the toes of the CBs for most of the second half... With an enormous gap in the middle of the park, occupied by no one in a Bournemouth shirt...

We moaned about a 6 man midfield against QPR... Playing these two together might result in a back 6, or worse a back 7...
They also played together against Burnley as well.......they provided a fantastic platform for the attacking players in that game......it's no coincidence that both Billing and Brooks had their best games for us for some time .

Looking the above mentioned reports of the last game, if they play two up, I can see us playing 3 at back again with Cook back in, but I hope CCV stays middle as he looks the most assured in that position. I would like to see Cook and Kelly also mark so CCV can step forward too.

They will give us possession and play long balls, look to hit us on counter so first goal is critical.

Controversial line up would be

Bego
Cook CCV Kelly
Smith L Cook Pearson Stanislas
Wilshere
Surridge Long

Some that have caught the eye with moments rather consistency drop to bench in the interests of retaining the ball and not giving away needless fouls to a team loves a set play.

They gave away plenty of free kicks around their box last time out, so need take them on and draw out the yellow cards.. Then switch formation second half according to what we see / need.

The longer it stays at nil nil should favour us.

His failure to track the runner created the qpr winner.

Stanislas has technique takes a good penalty, scores the occasional free kick. He wastes most free kicks and corners. He doesn't go past people when played wide so really best played centrally. A luxury player like danjuma and Brooks, who many can be played at the same time?
One, never more than one.

Just hope he doesn’t come back too early, we need him, but we need him for the rest of the season, his leadership and 100%+ attitude is vital to our team.

Also on the sidelines has been Cook, who has been nursing a groin injury, though Woodgate said that his recovery and availability for selection has come quicker than expected.

"Cookie's fine, he's got some healing powers by the way. He pulled his adductor against Nottingham Forest and now he's fit to play, I've never seen anything like it to be honest," he said.

This reminds me of the Watford game from lat season.
Massive massive game where we either a) step up and kick start a good run to safely achieve the playoffs or b) like the shameful 3-0 defeat against Watford last season, players fail to step up, we lose and we subsequently finish 10th

I'm hoping now Woodgate has being given the green light, things have changed a little as he now stamps his mark on this shower...

The one thing going for us is that Cardiff will come at us and play football... I think we might see a counter attack football tonight... Conceding possession and very few shots at goal, but sneaking a 1-0

We need energy in abundance tonight...

every week we have endless personnel, formation and tactics discussions and every week we get the same limp-wristed performance
we know exactly how the oppo are going to set up, the same as every team has set up at our place all season
so for once can we just run about more, pass the ball around quickly, preferably to each other, jump a bit higher to actually win some headers, have a few shots and generally look as though we're FCUKING ENJOYING IT........

The one thing going for us is that Cardiff will come at us and play football... I think we might see a counter attack football tonight....
If only we could see something like the performance on the '17 years today' thread ! Now THAT could get me enthusiastic about our team again. Probably more chance of winning the EuroMillions though, even though I don't have a ticket !

I'm getting desperate to see something from us to get excited about. Something to give me hope. Come on lads, smell the coffee and give something back to the fans !!!

:utc:

Last edited:
What i'd like to see

................Begovic.............
Smith.....CCV.....Kelly.........Rico
..........Lerma........Pearson.........
Danjuma.....Wilshere.....Stanislas
.................Surridge.................

How we will probably line up against an in form Cardiff who could potentially take our playoff spot

..................Begovic.........
...................Cook..............
.....Mepham....CCV.....Kelly
Smith....Pearson...Lerma...Rico
....................Cook.....................
.....................Long...................

:LOL::LOL:

;