AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City

If only we could see something like the performance on the '17 years today' thread ! Now THAT could get me enthusiastic about our team again. Probably more chance of winning the EuroMillions though, even though I don't have a ticket !

I'm getting desperate to see something from us to get excited about. To give me hope. Come on lads, smell the coffee and give something back to the fans !!!

:utc:

I know what you mean... As fans we seem to be too often always thinking 'this is the game we see a change', but as is always the case, the games quickly start to run out...

I am stupidly still thinking 2nd spot is still an option for us (albeit an unlikely one)... 6 points from tonight and Watford is a must tho if that is to happen... 4 points, however, will do me, but at the same time confirm it's the play-offs for us... Maybe :)

Whatever team we play I hope we use two upfront because Long has been so isolated in the past games and when we changed to a 2 striker system the combined within a few minutes to score the only goal!
This is the way forward!

Worry Beads Out: The Cardiff...need only a 1- 0 win to remove us from the Play - Off places.
( I've predicted 4-2..matchday optimism rules OK)
Cardiff are a well run club now ..they stood their ground on the Sala affair..looked after Cardiff First..something we need to do..
A Boscombe First Movement instead of lap - dogging Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool and Newcastle on player movements etcetera...
and kow towing to the Celeb side of the game. (Ollie Murs Musical Chairs).because it suits the little Empire Building jumped - up Money Pocketeers running the Admin of our club.
Shed the Freeloaders... Sack the Prawn Sandwich Brigade and get back to being Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic Football Club!

I've had enough of all the bloody Bullsh*t !

Get some Harrys in .. like Redknapp, Lowe, Kinghorn, Stace ( the Club Sec - did all the admin on his own )...and some Bills...like McGarry ( toughnut - he wouldn't let players even speak..only play and train ( on the beach) - and told em on what days they could do sex !)
In them days..you got Just Football...not a pile of Crap with it !

Nope...we gotta Wise Up down here in the Balmy Chines .....get this club putting Fans First...and telling us wtf is going on...and Oik Out those Freeloaders !
Then.. then we might see 20,000 + okey dokey blokeys howling hostilities at Reading and Watfords wingers from spacious terraces and have players what gives a damn.

I'll bang this blinkin drum until the sticks end up like toothpicks !

I didnt think that chance was as easy as its been made out
Yes, and no, because he brought it on himself!

If his first touch moves him left towards the centre of goal (and isn't quite as heavy a touch as it was) he opens up all sorts of finishing options to himself.
That his touch was heavy and to the right limits his angle, makes the keeper's job easier and Long's job harder.

Granted I type this from the armchair, and making a better first touch decison (and then executing it) are what seperate park footballers from top level professionals. But Long has to be doing better there.

Oh my Old Harry Rock...I Sooo want a Win for Woody tonight...cus if it aint...there will be one Holy Crapex on here around 2200...My Christ mushwackers ..the Elitists and the PL Meltdown Brigade will smash it out of the Park!

I didnt think that chance was as easy as its been made out

How much easier did it have to be for a professional “striker” to score in that position?

Just him and the keeper, one on one. No other factors. He didn’t have to beat any defenders. Just run forward in a straight line and shoot.

Perhaps if the goalkeeper stood the other side of the post?

He also had the option of an even simpler square ball for Smith to tap it in.

So, no. I am not accepting that that wasn’t easy enough for him to score.

How much easier did it have to be for a professional “striker” to score in that position?

Just him and the keeper, one on one. No other factors. He didn’t have to beat any defenders. Just run forward in a straight line and shoot.

Perhaps if the goalkeeper stood the other side of the post?

He also had the option of an even simpler square ball for Smith to tap it in.

So, no. I am not accepting that that wasn’t easy enough for him to score.

I would be very worried if our centre forward tried passing in that position. Almost any good striker you can think of would have shot (although that may be the crux of the argument) Having watched multiple replays I'm not sure that the ball to Smith was easier than scoring.

;