AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City

I'm hoping that the friendlies this season actually make a difference in EH choosing the team for the opening game.

Based on player performances, I'd probably go with:

---------------Begovic---------------
Smith----S. Cook----Ake----Daniels
----Gosling---L. Cook---Surman----
Brooks----------King----------Fraser

Subs: Boruc, Francis, Mings, Ibe, Wilson, Mousset, Defoe

But EH might go with this instead:

---------------Begovic---------------
Smith----Francis----Ake----Daniels
Ibe----Gosling----L. Cook----Fraser
---------Wilson---------King---------

That midfield might look just as "weak" as ever, but I'd be tempted to keep as many from the Mareille performance as possible. I'd like Brooks to start, I think he's earned his place. And I'm not totally against Francis playing instead of S. Cook, but if he plays in RB instead of Smith, I'm going to find all of Eddie's A-Ha merch and burn it in front of him.

Jason Pettigrove looks ahead to the opening fixtures of the Premier League with our brand new feature 'The Man In The Middle'. Focusing on the referee in charge, with key facts and figures we preview every game this weekend including Sunday's mouth-watering clash at the Emirates as Arsenal host the champions Man City and can the three promoted clubs get off to a winning start on their Premier League returns. See all fixtures here or check out:
Bournemouth v Cardiff – Kevin Friend | The Man In The Middle

Let’s hope we can have a win for once on the first day of a new season in the Premier League after three defeats.

Looking forward to going back to Dean Court tomorrow to see our club perform in the top league for a fourth season.

Lady on sausage sandwich game on Danny Baker this morning asked by DB who do you support, Cardiff was the reply.

DB who are you playing today, away to Bournemouth was the reply.

Dot on the card, you will win 1-3 or 2-3. They have become jaded about being in the Premier League. :grinning:

I see the mail has a predicted line up of

Begovic
Smith
Cook
Ake
Daniels
Gosling
Surman
Brooks
Fraser
King
Wilson

Can’t see Lewis cook not starting or Brooks ahead of Ibe

I live and work in Cardiff, their fans are the worst. Disappeared when they were struggling 2 years ago, had crap crowds last season, and let's not forget that they accepted a rebrand for 1 year in the Premier League.
They have all conveniently forgotten that, and are now kissing the backside of an owner who has shafted them too many times. The only time they didn't like wearing red was when they were getting hammered every week in the Premier and then the Championship. They had 15,000 for some promotion games.

We will win this by at least two. I have never been so confident of a win in the PL. Just boss the midfield, sit deep at the back in case of the Warnock hoof, and let football win as it always does.

That Cardiff think this is an easy start is enough for Eddie to get the boys up for this. Think we'll finish 14th, and I think 2 of the relegation places are already used by Cardiff and Huddersfield.

Bournemouth 3 Cardiff 0. 11,132

Sausage sandwich game? Sounds like I’m missing out

Today the guest was Alex Scott who made such an impression on the BBC as one of the pundits at the World Cup.

Now she will be on Sky.

FORMER footballer Alex Scott is set to make history by becoming Sky Sports' first female pundit.

The former England, Arsenal and Boston Breakers right-back ended her playing career at the end of last season.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6984780/alex-scott-tv-history-female-pundit-sky-sports/

I can't understand how a professional footballer costing £25 million is not able to stay fit for 1month after playing in a World Cup. Surely this could have been sorted bearing in mind this transfer was apparently imminent all through the summer- and the match today is against a newly promoted side..not Man City!

So the team is :

Begovic

Smith---Cook---Ake---Daniels
Brooks---Surman---Gosling---Fraser
Wilson---King

Boruc, Francis, Mousset, Ibe, L. Cook, Defoe, Mings

Strong line up but surprised about Cook

Genuine shock that L Cook isn't starting. Also a big shock that Brooks gets straight into the team. Another shock that Francis isn't starting given his record of almost always getting into the team!

Gosh. Still, play like we did against OM and it'll be a set of excellent decisions. I know, it was only a friendly but...

;