AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City

Smith, Surman or Fraser as MOTM for me. Brooks' chance was very disappointing however he's used to Championship football (like Cardiff) and will probably adapt and improve in the near future.

Last edited:
Lets remember David Brooks has only played 31 games in his league career so far, apparently he didn't know he was playing until he got to the ground today. So a decent performance from a young man.

Great win. Thought Wilson and Fraser were great today.

Not sure why Lewis isn't starting in the middle though.

Brooks struggled but just needs time.

result was always going to be more important than the performance today

happy with 3 points, clean sheet, callum off the mark and the knowledge that tweaks in personnel and improvements in quality / fitness will see us play far better as the season goes on

:agree: Was composing it in my head when I read this one. Spot on.

Good 3 points, if the penalty had gone in we would be top tonight instead of second.

Flowing move for our goal that Ryan Fraser put away, also he had his usual time of being brought down, real dangerous player for us.

Second half we were under a bit of pressure but I never thought Cardiff were going to hurt us.

Then in the closing minutes Callum Wilson put the game to bed with his goal.

After three opening defeats in our previous seasons in this league, this was a welcoming win.

Usual low crowd for August of 10,353.

...if Gosling and Surman are the answer then I don’t want to know the question!Good win but that team will struggle against better teams...hopefully Cook and Lerma will end up being the answer...man of the match for me was Smith...Brooks had a tidy debut. Wilson has lost his edge and King was knackered by 75 minutes!...

Cardiff looked like a bottom three team based on that. Great to see us play properly on the first game unlike last year when it took us ages to get to that level. Can't wait to see what Lerma and Rico can add.

This. I'm really hoping that Cook and Lerma turn out to be a prodigious pairing.

Great win today though, and am delighted for Eddie and the lads, a good start to the season...we're already vying for a European place :grinning:

See you in the Faroe's late June!

Smith, Surman or Fraser as MOTM for me. Brooks' chance was very disappointing however he's used to Championship football (like Cardiff) and will probably adapt and improve in the near future.

Opinions I suppose..

Surman had a error strewn poor game for me, giving the ball away constantly second half especially. Our midfield utterly melted.

Brooks might have scored, but that miss aside he looked impressive. Unlucky not to win a penalty. Not sure the wing is his position but he did just fine.

Fraser MOTM though no question.

Surman 80% pass success, Gosling 77%. Surman dispossessed once, Gosling twice.

I'm not arguing that Gosling didn't have a better game, he absolutely did, but to say Surman was giving the ball away constantly is just inaccurate.

;