AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea

billythekid

UTC Legend
Andre Marriner is the referee.

He was referee for home game against Man C earlier this season.

Paul Tierney on VAR

Hilariously, we have an excellent record against Chelsea in the Premier League, with multiple thrashings and clean sheets to look back on. I have no idea how or why this has come about, but lets hope this pattern continues.

"Norwich held on for a crucial 1-0 win over fellow strugglers Bournemouth which finished 10-a-side and featured the Premier League’s first pitchside VAR review.
Referee Paul Tierney, who had already sent off Bournemouth’s Steve Cook in the first half, consulted his monitor in the second before upgrading Ben Godfrey’s yellow card to a red"

...I don't care who is reffing or doing the guesswork at Stockley Park....

I am going to watch us putting ourselves on the line and trying to beat a very decent Chelsea team by scoring more goals than they do!

Right. Well Andre Marriner is irrelevant since obviously the ref actually at the game no longer has any influence on the result. Does Paul Tierney like us, maybe even just a little bit ?

Paul Tierney has been referee for three of our games this season.

Home win against Everton.

Two away defeats at Brighton and Norwich.

He was born in Wigan, Lancashire.

Does he like us?

Marriner is an Aston Villa fan. ;)

Marriner is an Aston Villa fan. ;)
So Tierney sounds like he has no particular grudge against us, which is good, other than maybe the fact that we called out his colleague Moss for being an asshat. Re the actual ( or should that be "for TV" ? ) referee, thank God for VAR, otherwise Marriner could have been our undoing :sneaky:

Last edited:
Tierney was not born in Lancashire, Wigan had long left Lancashire when he was born. It is as dumb as saying everybody born in Bournemouth after 1973 was born in Hampshire.

Tierney is a Wigan fanatic so he should be safe.
Marriner I wouldn't trust one inch.

I'm predicting a match where Marriner completely ignores VAR in order to do Villa a big favour. Then, after the match when we are all apoplectic about it, the Referees' Association will just say "Listen, you weren't happy when the decisions were out of the referee's hands against Burnley and now you're complaining when one of our most esteemed colleagues has the bravery to make his own decisions on the pitch without deferring to VAR". You can just sense it coming, can't you ?

:slap:

Last edited:
Lampard has put out a top squad against Bayern. Not a lot in the match so far, Bayern about 60% possession but not really running them ragged yet. No injuries to report in the first half.

I am pretty sure Tierney was that ref when he didnt give that penalty against SW on Callum, when Eddie came out after questionning for the first time

;