AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea

....................Rambo
Stacey.....Cook....Ake...... Smith
.............. Goso..... Lerma
...................... Billing..
Fraser....... Callum......King

Billings been hugely improved in recent weeks, so no way can be dropped, not sure of this obsession with lewis cook, when hes been so poor recently.
If we play 433 hard choice between harry Wilson & fraser

Bayern destroyed Chelsea down the flanks. This is a game for Fraser and King out wide.

That doesn’t mean no Harry Wilson. He could play as a 10 but the safe option would be Lerma, Billing plus one of Gosling, Cook or Surman in a 3.

I didn’t go to Burnley but Steve Cook had a mare in his previous 2 starts against Norwich and Arsenal. I don’t think it’s a given it’s Franno who makes way for Ake.
Why would you put King out wide.... I’m sure Eddie will agree with you, but he is totally wasted out there and is more of a goal threat than Wilson.

Why would you put King out wide.... I’m sure Eddie will agree with you, but he is totally wasted out there and is more of a goal threat than Wilson.
Because so many of the great attacking players score goals starting from a wide positions. When King plays centrally, he gets crowded out and has no space to run into. From a wide position, he physically dominates full backs and generally teams leave more space in wide areas.

No one is suggesting we play King as a winger. However, his pace is going to be far more effective when the ball is played in front of him in the corridor of uncertainty between full back and centre back than asking him to play with back to goal surrounded by 2 CB’s and a DM.

Bullshit..... if King is out wide, he can’t put the ball in the net.

Callum went 13 odd games without a goal.

Not something King has ever done.

Josh King puts the ball in the onion bag.

No wonder he wants to leave if you suggest playing him out wide.

He is our leading PL goal scorer, was coveted by Man United.

Scored 16 in a season at this level when Callum was out.

And you still want to put him on the wing?

I'd have King wide right with H Wilson playing the 10 role behind Callum. Lerma and Billing behind H Wilson doing the mopping up.

Problem with that is Billing plays best when going forwards.

You can have Lerma and Billing sitting in when Chelsea are attacking and one of them pushing up to join Harry when we press or counter. It's whether the players have the awareness to do it effectively and ensure coverage. That goes with the fullbacks and wingers too. We've done this well in the past including against Chelsea.

;