AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace

Fair result. Good game of football we had a couple of purple patches where we played some great stuff. Palace are a good team and dominated the second half until EH made the change where we started to grind out a performance and the goal was deserved in the end

This commentary is bonkers. I've heard "Bournemouth are a big side" a dozen or so times now.
Along with "maybe offside" for their goal.

I thought that was odd. Maybe he thinks Fraser is nornal size and is looking at the rest of the team comparatively.

He also referred to Wilson as a target man which was also odd. Whilst we may sometimes hit him like that I certainly wouldn't describe him like that.

Huffed and puffed a bit but got there in the end.

Dare I say it but Mike Dean had a good game!

Although not his fault, I think there'd be a few spitting feathers over the officials and that equaliser if we hadn't won. It wasn't even especially close.

That was hard work but we proved again how much we want it. Ref had a very good game, credit where it’s due, didn’t fall for any of Zaha’s antics and no doubt about the penalty. Let down badly by his linesmen though, terrible.

Good result against a team I consider our equals in this division. Francis my man of the match. Like the rest of you, was worried when I saw the line up but he was more than up to (and for) the task today. Sweating at the end but nothing new there!

Lerma was a little dodgy at times in the first half but grew into the game, broke up a lot of play and annoyed the hell out of Palace. My cup of tea. He'll get better and worked well with Lewis today.

Agree that Mike Dean was decent for once. Can argue with any of our bookings, and after the number of stonewallers he's turned down for us over the years, he got that penalty spot on.
Shame about the East stand lino letting us down...

Apologies for doubting Francis, who I thought was excellent.

Whole defence very good and Lewis Cook decent on his first PL start. King frustrating in possession and Wilson should’ve buried chance just before the pen (great assist though).

Reactions: DJ
Like how Lerma got under Sakho’s skin enough to provoke the penalty. Not something we’ve done well in the past and it turned out to be a very valuable contribution in the end. Shame he got ANOTHER yellow in a silly incident later on though :utc:

Thought it looked offside as I'm in East Stand,and another time they were played through and looked off.The linesman didn't keep up with play.Ake was immense again,I think Francis both Cooks and Smith played well

Didn’t think we were going to get the 3 points at one stage and then that penalty, to make it 2-1.

Good to break the not beaten Palace at home in this league so far as well.

Defenders did well to contain Zaha and Townsend.

Mike Dean had a good game as well.

Another tough game coming on Saturday.

;