AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace

Maybe he felt unprotected again :lol:
Strange if that was the case since our players were obviously very wary about giving him any excuse to fall over. I think they hardly touched him all game so he really should have no complaints. But then it is Zaha we are talking about, so.......:nopity::cry:

He forgot his hankie and needed to cry, as the ref really didn't help him in any way and Franno had him in his pocket. That maybe tells you more about the person than the player. Doesn't give a hoot about the travelling supporters, just himself.

Really good result last night. You could argue it was slightly more than we deserved given Palace's second half, although their goal was offside so....

Not to be the negative one, but two things that stood out is we tried to win in the first 20/30 minutes again. Classic Eddie. The game is won after 90 so I feel that could be a bit of a risky strategy.

Also, and I've said it before, Steve Cook needs to stay on his feet. Props for being committed, but throwing yourself on the ground every time the opposition has a shot is going to leave you on your **************** for rebounds. Specific example from last night is Cook going to ground from a standing position directly in front of goal. Beacause he went down the shot went over him. If he'd have stood up he would have blocked it.

Is it a composure thing? Is it a habit now? Has Eddie asked him to do it?

Just looked at the league. That Burnley result is still niggling me.

Burnley has never been a happy hunting ground for us until last season.

Basically despite the stats, they scored four goals and we didn’t get any, can’t expect to win if you don’t perform and take your chances.

We had other chances last night but didn’t finish them.

Funny how we are in our fourth season in the PL and still read comments on MB like ‘bitterly disappointed that we can’t beat a s... team like Bournemouth. This was on a Palace MB.

Our first season in the PL we finished 16th and Palace 15th both on 42 points.

2016-17, we finished 9th on 46 points and Palace 14th on 41 points.

2017-18, we finished 12th and Palace 11th both with 44 points.

We are still being classed as ‘little’ old Bournemouth from our times in the lower leagues.

When the tables tell a different story.

Funny how we are in our fourth season in the PL and still read comments on MB like ‘bitterly disappointed that we can’t beat a s... team like Bournemouth. This was on a Palace MB.

Our first season in the PL we finished 16th and Palace 15th both on 42 points.

2016-17, we finished 9th on 46 points and Palace 14th on 41 points.

2017-18, we finished 12th and Palace 11th both with 44 points.

We are still being classed as ‘little’ old Bournemouth from our times in the lower leagues.

When the tables tell a different story.
Just accept that there are a lot of thick people about and roll with it. No Palace fan with an ounce of intelligence would truly believe we are a s**t team. You judge a team on their recent form and by that measure the last few years we have been at least equal to Palace. Some people are just tw*ts and walk around with their eyes shut and their brains in neutral. I am glad to admit that I think Palace and AFCB are pretty equal at the moment and was expecting a tough game last night, as was anybody with a modicum of intelligence I would imagine.

Thought Francis was really really solid against Zaha, I'm not getting carried away, but it's positive to know he's still got it in him when we need him. Very excited about Brooks, if he can hit form we'll have some serious creative danger up the flanks. Wilson does some great work, but he's not half frustrating with his finishing (Especially when I could have had a Fraser assist to Wilson goal in FF :cry:). Overall a good result and an entertaining watch.

;