AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace

Very satisfying. First 30 minutes on TV looked like it was on fast forward. Fairly even after that to the half. Commentators here felt we should have been up by more than 1 on play. Shaky 15 minutes but after that we had them on the run, a couple of near misses until the deserved pen. Francis defended Zaha really well, and there was always some help to stay on him. Very little to complain about, for sure.

Doc8hdDWwAADWsN.png

Francis didn't put a foot wrong tbf....Brooks didn't half help him though....looks an absolute bargain.
Indeed. Eddie said he had been most impressed by his attitude to defensive work, which he wasn’t expecting when he signed him and that’s why he was able to put him straight into the team.

Apologies for doubting Francis, who I thought was excellent.

Whole defence very good and Lewis Cook decent on his first PL start. King frustrating in possession and Wilson should’ve buried chance just before the pen (great assist though).
Wilson has now officially gone clear of Jesus as having missed the most clear cut chances this season. His all round game has improved, especially his hold-up play, but dear oh dear what’s happened to his finishing?!

Like how Lerma got under Sakho’s skin enough to provoke the penalty. Not something we’ve done well in the past and it turned out to be a very valuable contribution in the end. Shame he got ANOTHER yellow in a silly incident later on though :utc:

Re; 'the silly incident'
Sat in the MS and for several of us it appeared that, in the handbags, the Palace player had hold of Lerma by his balls.

It was on the blind side of the main TV camera's, so I've no clue if Sky mentioned or confirmed this.

Lerma had a great game. King seems to hold onto the ball too long....he'll take the ball into the box and never pass/center it. Lets it roll out for a goal kick. That Brooks kid is a stud.

Re; 'the silly incident'
Sat in the MS and for several of us it appeared that, in the handbags, the Palace player had hold of Lerma by his balls.

It was on the blind side of the main TV camera's, so I've no clue if Sky mentioned or confirmed this.
Not really. Sky pretty much missed most of what happened. If Lerma did get grabbed by the goolies that was only because he let himself get involved in the handbags to begin with. He could have just let it lie and not started the afters after the coming together. All a bit silly but I guess winding people up got us the penalty so he decided to stick with it :)

Just got back, cracking match (again), first 20 mins best I have seen us play, slick passing moves, great movement, Fraser, Brooks, Smith outstanding, buzzing around each other. Lovely first goal, could have had more. And then the second half...Palace bossed the first 20-25 mins, Eddie brought on Gosling, bolstered the midfield, we looked better after that and finished the stronger team. Callum and Gosling great chances to win it before the pen. Thought Lerma was excellent. Fraser his usual busy self. Franno excellent. Ake solid. What a team Eddie is building. Another home performance, we do look very strong at home.
UTC!

Delighted to be proved wrong by Francis - Wilma well under control.

But a decent show from Palace - Hodgson has made a difference ... they were patient and midfield was neat, though not much upfront.

Like Brooks but he got lost in the second half and Dan G needed to bring back balance. Crowd up for it tonight!

Yes you really have to say well done Franno after that. I really feared for him tonight , true that midfield worked hard not to let him get isolated with zaha but he really did a great job on him . He did so much better than I expected. Did the bossing and rather than the bossee . Vintage stuff

Did anyone else notice that Zaha walked straight down the tunnel the end? He didn’t shake hands with any players on the pitch and Eddie almost forced him shake.

:utc:
Maybe he felt unprotected again :lol:
Strange if that was the case since our players were obviously very wary about giving him any excuse to fall over. I think they hardly touched him all game so he really should have no complaints. But then it is Zaha we are talking about, so.......:nopity::cry:

;