AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City

COMMENT ABOUT EDDY ON FOXES FORUM

All things said, hats off to Bournemouth and their manager. The guy should have a statue there already.
I'd personally dress as an ostrich, break into Buckingham Palace and peck HRH in the **************** if it could allow us to swap Puel for Howe

Schmeichel brushed past three of our players after the final whistle without shaking anyone’s hand on his way to throw his gloves to his adoring fans. At least they can stick them on eBay as unused.
Poor loser, sh*t bloke, nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Hope he enjoyed the songs.
I knew his father ( a tax dodger in Denmark) he had a bigger head, guess its in the genes.

My thoughts on the match.
Really happy with the result, I would have taken 4-2 at 3pm all day long. A bit disappointed with their soft penalty and then they scored again so soon afterwards.
I was irritated by the Leicester man handling and other fouls in mid field, especially in the first half. Morgan was the main culprit. I thought the referee bottled sending off Maguire for his second yellow and unbelievably booked Wilson for a minor foul, yes I know I'm biased, shortly afterwards.
Wee man was bundled off the ball in the first half and most of the people around me all thought it was a penalty, so it was either a penalty or a booking for Frazier?

Good well taken goals for Ryan.

Lerma second booking ~ I think I estimated 12 yellows and 1 red this season. OK with the fact that there's a bit of steel in midfield now.

Smith's goal at the other end of the ground looked good - a really great player for me. Always tries.

Brook's still learning and as somebody else said I would have brought Cook on earlier but what do I know..

Anyway nice to go to the match. I'm 65 (just) and as you go through the turnstiles a light comes on above the turnstiles if it's a concession ticket. There were two young lads ( officals ) watching the turnstiles. A bit of friendly banter with them as I was hoping they'd think I was much younger!

Someone else on top form today ..Savage ...oh boy ! his best s##t ever. For those who didn't hear it..He is appealing for referees to give 'far more' protection to Zaha, a player who is targeted unfairly and is the best in Europe at carrying a clubs hopes on his own!! And then, the usual homage to Man U and Spurs with nothing on Frasers performance or any mention of Afcb in top six!!!

Conceding the late two goals and coasting through the second half was a bit of a shame.
Shouldn't deter from some quite fabulous football that was played in the first half and one of our most dominant football displays since promotion.

Our game last September had 99 fewer fans.

Watching MOTD last night it seems it wasn’t only Morgan that was sent off for Leicester, did I hear some of the Puel’s staff were also ‘sent off’.

Our game last September had 99 fewer fans.

Watching MOTD last night it seems it wasn’t only Morgan that was sent off for Leicester, did I hear some of the Puel’s staff were also ‘sent off’.

yep, foul and abusive language apparently, or maybe it was just their french accents................................... Merde !!!!

Lerma - who had a sound game - was being targeted from the off by the opposition. He often had two players on him - both trying to bring him down. Seemed odd at first but it was soon a pattern - my guess is they were trying to get a reaction from him, given the reputation he comes with.

Well done JL for not falling fo it. Leicester very disappointing - clogged their way through the first half. Thought they were capable of better.

...we played with a decent tempo, the ref was absolutely shocking all game I thought, inconsistent and seemed unsure of what to do at times, maybe he is a bit of a PL rookie.

Leicester looked poor, but I think that we were just better than them on the day?

Well done to Ryan Fraser and Adam Smith who I thought were outstanding...Wilson and King got no protection from the ref with some horrible treatment (but then Leicester have previous with Huth!)

Good end result, we seemed to not know how to manage the game when Morgan was dismissed? We sat back, often tried to be too clever with our passing and kept giving the ball away. really poor effort by Rico to concede the penalty and Francis lost his man for their second goal which took some shine off the game...but hey 5th place and three wins from fives games, always take that sort or return...well done Eddie,Jason and the team!!!!

Good interview with Ryan Fraser on COWS.

The question came up about his hamstring injury, he said he wanted to play against Albania but it wasn’t to be.

Also mentioned it didn’t feel great in the game yesterday, but wants a rest before our next game.

I wonder what a 100% fit Fraser would have been like yesterday. :grinning:

To me he seems to have added something to his game this season.

...we played with a decent tempo, the ref was absolutely shocking all game I thought, inconsistent and seemed unsure of what to do at times, maybe he is a bit of a PL rookie.

It is Pawson's 4th season in the Prem, at least.
He was the ref who disallowed Tommy's goal at Anfield in our first season.

Remember the days when him smashing a door put the clubs finances back a few weeks ..could of paid a players wages rather than getting a carpenter in ....mind you would have been Mitchell’s crew so probably cost a Defoe wage packet .

;