AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool

I know we are not relying on other team to do anything at the moment. However, we must maintain a reasonable points gap between us and the bottom three. In the very likelihood of losing tomorrow we could do without these teams closing the gap as we still have to play teams in the top six after the Wolves game from which are very likely to get nothing from. This is the context in which my comment was intended. I have no desire to be pessimistic, I just deal in the reality of the situation i.e. Liverpool will be too strong for us in view of the fact that we have key players missing i.e Smith, Gosling and L.Cook and that they are on a roll at the moment. Just for the record - yes of course I hope we get something tomorrow. I would jump for joy if we won but my head tells me that this is highly unlikely.

My prediction for the Huddersfield game was a 1-1 or a 2-2 draw. In fairness, I was not all that far away from being right as Huddersfield performed how I thought they would and would have scored again if the game had gone on for five minutes longer. I bid you a good evening.
In fairness your prediction was wrong.

It matters not who plays and who plays where and what shape and formation we employ. The fact remains that Liverpool will be too strong for us to contain. With Surman in we will lack bite, steel and the ability to break up play in midfield. Lerma will do this job but he is on his own. This is why it was crucial that we took the three points against Huddersfield. Unfortunately, I cannot see us getting anything at Wolves either due to the shortage in midfield and playing away from home with key players missing. Then of course we all know who we have to play after the Wolves game. We are, in reality, relying on the bottom three all dropping points.
I bet you are a right joy to be in company with. Have you considered a job as an insomnia therapist? o_O

Yes ultimately it was wrong. But not too far wrong when the game as a whole is taken into account..

Wrong is wrong is wrong - you cannot dress it up by saying you were not too far wrong - you just make yourself look idiotic.
we scored 2, they scored less than 2.
If Huddersfield are such world beaters and we beat them on Tuesday, and Huddersfield beat Wolves at Molyneaux last week then we should smash Wolves. by the way that is not a prediction just an observation of current form.

Dunno about you lot..but I'm going round the room like James Brown! .I feel good....da da da da da da da ...so good.. so good.....why?....because...becussy......Schminto , in his last sentence " bid us a Good Night''.....which was a 'f##k up' on his part...as we can take it into a Good Tomorrow! Rejoice!

Yes ultimately it was wrong. But not too far wrong when the game as a whole is taken into account..
I'm sorry smhinto ..... I have to first agree with you that each of the bottom teams have some merits, and will likely not be completely dire all year.

But to first make statements that are absolute in nature, with no room for any misinterpretation .... and then say I was "almost right" .... dumbest statement ever.

Anyway, back to tomorrows game, I hope that Eddie finds a place for Mings and that we can field as strong a midfield as possible so that we don't get over run there. Perhaps Brooks, Surman, Lerma and Stan?

Should be interesting, let's hope we get something from the game this time.

As someone said yesterday - can we get this clown banned somehow? He’s already spoiling the dynamic of this board and generating bad feeling as opposed to the (mostly) friendly banter we all know and love. I haven’t pressed the ignore button yet and don’t know it’s capabilities but would imagine i’d still have to suffer seeing his name and have my screen tainted by people replying to his posts. Just the way he uses the English makes me feel nauseous.

As someone said yesterday - can we get this clown banned somehow? He’s already spoiling the dynamic of this board and generating bad feeling as opposed to the (mostly) friendly banter we all know and love. I haven’t pressed the ignore button yet and don’t know it’s capabilities but would imagine i’d still have to suffer seeing his name and have my screen tainted by people replying to his posts. Just the way he uses the English makes me feel nauseous.
Can't we just laugh at him instead?....quite enjoyable tbf....:D....

Don't sweat it. He's the centre of attention. That's how he likes it. The best thing is to ignore him . Banning someone for spouting crap would make this board a pretty empty place.

From the club:

'Please note, if you are parking in the south car park, you can now exit at the far end and access Gloucester Road to avoid the Kings Park Drive queue....'

So, can you all shove off via Gloucester Road, so I can go out via Thistlebarrow in a more timely fashion?

Despite Liverpool seeming far stronger than they've been in years, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about tomorrow. Yes I know the recent injuries will hurt us selection wise, and no I don't think we've any right to beat anyone in this division or any other. However I do think we've finally earn't the right to not expect to get beat by anyone. We've shown that on our day we can do anyone (City and Spurs excepted but their day will come soon), and I realise that the bigger teams will be on their day more after than we're on ours, but I'm not scared of anyone. I don't think we should be, as for a prediction, I've not a clue except BTTS should be banker on this match, after that could be a rugby score seeing how past matches have gone (lump on a 0-0 now I've said that)

Our boys cashed out first - half Tuesday night from a Wednesday morning b#llicking with those fortuitous three points so Eddie will be expecting performances all round. If not they are on a Fizzer come Mondays training!!!
I award Liverpool 90 minutes Hard Labour...Take them Down!

Last edited:

;